McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a yellow MP4-12C has been made? On the configurator it is not a standard colour as I guess most would go for McLaren Orange?

Would be keen to see one or any other non-standard colours.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Yes, I saw one in build at the MPC. It was a lemon yellow.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Given the number of issues so far, I would guess yellow is a color that McLaren is not encouraging.
Only one on the floor at the MPC,it also had carbon vanes,did look stunning and it wasnt that expensive as it was non-metallic,so i would think it wouldnt be anymore than an elite colour,but how wrong could i be:D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Only one on the floor at the MPC,it also had carbon vanes,did look stunning and it wasnt that expensive as it was non-metallic,so i would think it wouldnt be anymore than an elite colour,but how wrong could i be:D
They charged $25K for the one they painted Ferrari Red.

·
Registered
691 Posts
MSO will paint to any color for $10,234 (USD). This excludes matte or satin finishes. I bet it looks killer in Yellow with carbon accents...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if non traditional mclaren colors will affect resale ? I saw the Ferrari red car in San Fran and it looked great. I would love to see a yellow one before i order, as some Ferrari's look great in yellow others not so much.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The Lemon Yellow car I saw at the MPC was probably the worst colour I've seen but I like butter yellow so it is down to individual preference. Top marks to Mclaren for meeting customer requests......OK in exchange for Queenies Greenies but.......

ps For OUR OVERSEAS readers, Queenies Greenies are one £ notes but here in the UK you have to earn £1.6 before tax to net £1 to buy a Mclaren which has a further 20% tax in the price.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wonder if non traditional mclaren colors will affect resale ? I saw the Ferrari red car in San Fran and it looked great. I would love to see a yellow one before i order, as some Ferrari's look great in yellow others not so much.
i don't think it'll affect resale. however, it's certainly hard to ask someone to pay for a marginally big premium over the standard color since the cost of custom paint is not cheap. that's money down the drain imo. it might be easier (or harder) to sell though since it's rare than the typical color.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Last week at MPC there was a Lamborghini yellow one nearing completion in LHD.

Didn't look at all bad.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Newport Beach posted this on their Facebook page this afternoon:

"Uh oh, just in.... something YELLOW!"

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Less of a teaser now from their Flickr album: