McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found somebody to install Xpel over here but seems expensive to me. They are asking € 9k ( +- 12kUSD). Is this reasonable??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Finally found somebody to install Xpel over here but seems expensive to me. They are asking € 9k ( +- 12kUSD). Is this reasonable??
Total rip off Belg!.It would be far cheaper jumping on a ferry/tunnel,staying in a 5 star hotel and having a nice hoilday in the UK while its being done here.Most of the uk cars ive know have had the whole front end including A pillars and turning vanes for between £1600 and £2000,so i suppose you might have to double that if you wanted the whole car doing,so approx 5000 euros max,thats with the selfhealing film which i think is the most expensive.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
As Andy says Belg, that is outrageous!

If you think you have a chance to get over here, let me know and I'll get a price for you from one of the best installers in the UK, as mentioned previously, he's a friend of mine. I've checked the invoice for mine and it was £1900 for areas mentioned above plus side skirts/sills and splitter, this was by McLaren approved wrapper. My friend would charge way less than that and would do a better job (so he says!).

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they are not familiar with Xpel and said they'll need to do the entire car not to have any color differences. Never heard of such prices either and that's the reason why I posted.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Almost every dealer in the US is 2500.00 for expel.

It takes care of all the exposed areas incl the turning veins.

Also important to cover all the painted area beneath the car.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well they are not familiar with Xpel and said they'll need to do the entire car not to have any color differences. Never heard of such prices either and that's the reason why I posted.
Never heard of colour differences with a clear wrap? What colour is your car? Mine is MO and you can't tell its there until you're on top of it and feeling for the edges really. I'm sure you wouldn't need the whole car doing....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Tell them you are on McLarenlife, whole car needs to be done, lol, crooks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Liking the self-healing stuff. Got a deep scuff from a rock. Cleaned it up with old toothbrush. Poured hot water on it. Poof, gone.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
$2500 for the entire car? I'm wondering how much of the car I should do. My first thought was just the CF components because you can't touch those up.
Full hood bumpers mirrors lower doors and sills rear quarters all cf and below the bumpers painted area all the way back- 2500.00

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Full hood bumpers mirrors lower doors and sills rear quarters all cf and below the bumpers painted area all the way back- 2500.00
Do you guys believe the xpel is better than any of the other protectors. I think something called opticlear or something like that was mentioned in another thread. Just curious if there is a consensus on what the best protection is?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
$2500 for the entire car? I'm wondering how much of the car I should do. My first thought was just the CF components because you can't touch those up.
I did the following:

Front carbon diffusor, Front bumper, Front fenders, full doors, 3/4 mirrors, A-Pillars left and right of Windshield, Windshield film, Full Carbon Turning vanes, area behind Carbon Turning Vanes, Lower rockers, area behind rear tires. Cost was $4700.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No colour differences if the entire car isn't done.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Xpel film is ment to be good and works well im not a big fan as never as clear as high gloss lacquer but it does the job there is also 3m venture shield, the cars I've seen we're not the best all creases in it but could only see on dark coloured cars. I would go for bonnet bumper and side blade edges as these get a good pounding prob be looking at £1000.

Opticoat is a hydrophobic coating that protects the paint finish you can also get glass coatings I use gtechniq crystal lacquer and exo hybrid coating to coat all paint glass and carbon fibre etc. www.service.gtechniq.com

Hope this helps

1 - 16 of 16 Posts