McLaren Life banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in trading my power/heated seats for some manual seats. I am 6’3” and could use the extra room provided by the manual seats.

I am interested in same or different finishes provided doesn’t clash with interior. See pic below

Located in Houston, Texas. Feel free to respond here or text me at 713-443-6022

Attachments

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
FYI, changing to manual seats you have to tell the car you've done it or it will cause problems. Also any car equipped with manual seats from the factory, power seats won't work.

Reactions: k3silk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Confirm with your dealer tech about a manual seated car from factory not having power option. On 720/765 you can go from manual to power because the mechanism is in the seat itself. McLaren will even allow the dealer to code it for you above board. Good luck

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
Confirm with your dealer tech about a manual seated car from factory not having power option. On 720/765 you can go from manual to power because the mechanism is in the seat itself. McLaren will even allow the dealer to code it for you above board. Good luck
Are you sure? I was told factory manual seat cars don't have the wiring for it. Maybe that's only before 720's but I understood it as all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You could be right just telling him to confirm from dealer first before going with potential hearsay. Always better to double check at the source. I've seen some suspect advice on forums that people swear by. Not saying yours is bad, simply giving options. Cheers

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
You could be right just telling him to confirm from dealer first before going with potential hearsay. Always better to double check at the source. I've seen some suspect advice on forums that people swear by. Not saying yours is bad, simply giving options. Cheers
I know on pre-720 cars I've physically seen a lack of wiring. 570 I noticed manual seat cars don't have rear speakers but didn't check seat wiring.

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
From my tech at local McLaren dealer.
View attachment 221058
Right, that's what I was saying about going TO manual FROM power. That isn't a problem, and I mentioned it had to be coded in MDS. The reciprocal was what I was pointing out, putting power seats in a manual car. Those won't work. I'm putting that information out there for anyone looking to make a trade so they know what they're getting into.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Right, that's what I was saying about going TO manual FROM power. That isn't a problem, and I mentioned it had to be coded in MDS. The reciprocal was what I was pointing out, putting power seats in a manual car. Those won't work. I'm putting that information out there for anyone looking to make a trade so they know what they're getting into.
Not too mention wtf you'd want to make that switch anyway....

2012 MP4-12C
2,602 Posts
Exactly. Why would anyone want to give those up for comfort seats??
Because the ones they have are..... uncomfortable? I passed on a car because it had 1 thing wrong with it, P1 seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts