McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
So is that under the front clear bra, or over it? Who did the work?

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is non obtrusive imho plus I like the "bad mp4"
plus the friggin meter maid gives $50 tickets on a regular
basis here!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I'd rather pay the non-moving violation fine, than have a front plate. :)
Big debates up here in Washington State about cost to produce 2 plates. Only comback is regarding collecting tolls on the bridges up in Seattle area, camera's can pick up the front plate to mail out toll charges. I have never even gotten a warning, and I never have a front plate. But I have heard to never park on the street up in Seattle, as the meter maids can give you a ticket for it. Like any cop when we scream by is going to be able to read the front plate, when he turns around and gives chase, he is only looking at the back plate.

·
Owner
893 Posts
Big debates up here in Washington State about cost to produce 2 plates. Only comback is regarding collecting tolls on the bridges up in Seattle area, camera's can pick up the front plate to mail out toll charges. I have never even gotten a warning, and I never have a front plate. But I have heard to never park on the street up in Seattle, as the meter maids can give you a ticket for it. Like any cop when we scream by is going to be able to read the front plate, when he turns around and gives chase, he is only looking at the back plate.
Why is it that many other states don't have front plates and their toll authorities and police have no problems with that ??
States could generate a nice chunk of money by selling the option, to their automobile registrants, of NOT having a front plate ...... for an addition yearly fee. I bet the response would be big and rake in lots of extra money for cash strapped states. 95% of car lovers I know would go for it. :)

·
owner
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why is it that many other states don't have front plates and their toll authorities and police have no problems with that ??
States could generate a nice chunk of money by selling the option, to their automobile registrants, of NOT having a front plate ...... for an addition yearly fee. I bet the response would be big and rake in lots of extra money for cash strapped states. 95% of car lovers I know would go for it. :)
great idea! Difficult for cops on the street to know who paid not
to have one unless of course rear plate different in some way.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I don't even run plates lol.

I use temp registrations for the few months of driving I do. The temp reg is just a sheet of paper that I press up against the cabin window facing back.

Front plates destroy the looks of cars IMO because all too often there isn't a good place to put it. Not even sure I'd want to drive a Veyron if I had to put the plate below my headlight lol. Sexy, huh?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts