McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
......for UK purchase?
Is there anything better out there Andrew?? I f money was an small issue the only other car i would recommend would be a secondhand coupe while they are so cheap.Plus it all depends if he is a shouty kind of guy? Or quiet and sofisticated like us ;)
All the real issues are over,so he would only thank you in the long run !!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Is there anything better out there Andrew?? I f money was an small issue the only other car i would recommend would be a secondhand coupe while they are so cheap.Plus it all depends if he is a shouty kind of guy? Or quiet and sofisticated like us ;)
All the real issues are over,so he would only thank you in the long run !!
Would say a 2nd hand coupe is hard to beat especially when one considers the price differential over a new spider.

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would say a 2nd hand coupe is hard to beat especially when one considers the price differential over a new spider.
My thoughts exactly. And if more people pursue this logic, then we might reverse the depreciation.......:)

I wonder if the spider will suffer the same fate?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
My thoughts exactly. And if more people pursue this logic, then we might reverse the depreciation.......:)

I wonder if the spider will suffer the same fate?
i think the gap will narrow a smidge... the 2nd hand spiders will depreciate a bit, and the coupes may appreciate a little now that most of hte issues for non enthusiasts are sorted. it's still a big gap between new spider and used coupe.. that gap has to close somehow, i just hope its not the spider coming down, although i would certainly change if that happens myself..

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I reckon the spiders are likely to do better the first year than the coupe. One assumes Mclaren have noted the probable UK oversupply in the first year of the coupe and would trim their numbers for the UK allocation down on the spider and also the early spiders are unlikely to have anything like the issues that some of the very early build coupes had which did give the car a bit of a bad reputation (and poor initial reviews probably didn't help the general opinion while the spider seems to be rather more popular)....

·
Administrator
2,745 Posts
i think the gap will narrow a smidge... the 2nd hand spiders will depreciate a bit, and the coupes may appreciate a little now that most of hte issues for non enthusiasts are sorted. it's still a big gap between new spider and used coupe.. that gap has to close somehow, i just hope its not the spider coming down, although i would certainly change if that happens myself..
Doubt it. There are still plenty of coupe around and they will continue to depreciate like every other non-limited edition supercar. Spiders should hold better for the first 6-12 months but then they will also start to drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts