McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After watching this video among others starting to trickle out at this point I have arrived at the question...IS this a car that you would even want to modify?!?! For street use...what more are you looking for? As these supercars continue to get better and better they are really pushing the aftermarket companies to dig deeper and deeper to develop products that are actually beneficial. If this 765LT arrived in your driveway..what would be the first thing that you would do to it?

Registered
After watching this video among others starting to trickle out at this point I have arrived at the question...IS this a car that you would even want to modify?!?! For street use...what more are you looking for? As these supercars continue to get better and better they are really pushing the aftermarket companies to dig deeper and deeper to develop products that are actually beneficial. If this 765LT arrived in your driveway..what would be the first thing that you would do to it?

no way to modify an LE car - why would anyone do that ? Only thing I would consider if I would track it is to make functional modifications to make it better fit that purpose, but why would you ever need to modify it for any other reason ?

Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
Kids will mod anything. Someone will get one of these and assume it just has to be lowered, downpipes, wheels, spacers, all the stuff they think McLaren forgot to do. As a matter of course. Will only lower the value another $100K for their investment . Just human nature.

Personally, I鈥檇 be down for a high quality license plate frame.

Registered
Kids will mod anything. Someone will get one of these and assume it just has to be lowered, downpipes, wheels, spacers, all the stuff they think McLaren forgot to do. As a matter of course. Will only lower the value another $100K for their investment . Just human nature.

Personally, I鈥檇 be down for a high quality license plate frame.

I wouldn't mod a 765LT due to it being a very special car but I would mod a regular 720s all day

Registered
Reactions: rnixon

Registered
my father had a son, downpipes and tune for me.
In earlier days I have modded a car bit by bit until a trailer and tow vehicle were required to drive it, track only.

And have a son who is learning how some tough bolts can make for a long afternoon.

Registered
When all I could afford were s**tboxes I was big into modifying but a 765?. No.

Reasons being......
Risks reliability
Risks warranty
Spending more money to make the car worth less
Cops here are onto loud cars like flies on dog turds. I've been pulled over for noise with both my stock 3RS and Trackhawk.
I don't have the time for getting defect notices dealt with.
Illegal modifications can void insurance here. If someone is injured in an incident I was responsible for I would be on my own and would make an attractive target for law suits.
Lastly, IT'S A 765LT!!!馃檮

I'm in two minds about even disabling the exhaust valves. (see No. 4 above)

Reactions: nordstat and rnixon

Registered
Different owners have different objectives .

many people who are on the business side will buy this car as a shop car and modify it to sell those products to others . (Tuners, parts companies , lifestyle organizers(rally organizers), Using their car to sell their services , etc)

it鈥檚 just a matter of time before we see lowered cars, tunes, wheels, wraps , etc (to each how own but they shouldn鈥檛 complain if mclaren sticks it to them on the warranty side of things)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts