McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a few cars this weekend. One with as little as 200 miles. Two of them had the weather strip starting to peel off from the top of windshield. What's up with that, and what's the fix. They just glue it down or what?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Looked at a few cars this weekend. One with as little as 200 miles. Two of them had the weather strip starting to peel off from the top of windshield. What's up with that, and what's the fix. They just glue it down or what?
The dealer will replace but I just asked them to reglue mine and its been good ever since.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They use two sided sticky tape that's useless. There is a factory campaign to improve the fixing method, mine just got done

·
Registered
156 Posts
Someone had posted the factory campaign pdf but cant seem to locate it.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Black rtv (silicone sealant) from any auto supply or hardware store. Has worked for over two years for me!

·
@ChaseZimmerman
297 Posts
Glad this thread is here. My windshield trim just popped up on my 12C as well. Ordered the Black RTV sealant and will be re-adhering it shortly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is not the proper way to fix it, use urethane glue. Procedure attached below. You can use U428 since its accessible and doesn't require primer.
Some dealers are still using double sided tape. I gotta they didn't get the memo. Besides, some owners may feel more comfortable with applying tape on their cars than silicone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts