McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just got an MP12C - the washer seems hopeless - wondered if anyone could help me with where the fluid comes from to see if a pin will sort it out!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Just got an MP12C - the washer seems hopeless - wondered if anyone could help me with where the fluid comes from to see if a pin will sort it out!
It comes out of the windshield wiper arm.

·
Owner
602 Posts
There are 3 little brass 'jets' at the very end of the wiper arm. Be gentle with everything. Your hose may already be disconnected if you are not getting water at the end. If you manipulate the brass 'jets', be careful as one may pop out when you turn it with a pin (all happened to me).

take some pics so I can see what you are trying to do

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
many thanks..think hose must be disconnected cos ntg coming out of wiper arm at all...all seems to just splurge low end of the screen ..will photo and post

·
Owner
602 Posts
Yeah, I had that problem also. Hose disconnected at one junction, and then split at another point, so I had 2 leaks. Had to remove the wiper arm (using a small pulley device, forgot what it was called). But don't completely remove the arm from car, just remove arm enough to turn it upside down to work with the hose that runs under it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for this
Car booked in with BDM next week for soft close doors and various niggles...

Anyone know where to get a mirror arm cover for MP12 - mine has mysteriously disappeared after being wrapped - just the ridged arm in grey not the mirror

1 - 6 of 6 Posts