McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helloe everyone

Does anyone have a problem with the drivers door window rolling half way down after entering and closing the door. Just got the 10.2 upgrade, it was doing it before upgrade (sporadic) and still does it about every 10th time I get in the car. LOVE having bluetooth and a working radio. Geez the upgrade is like a new car.

All the best

·
Owner
893 Posts
Helloe everyone

Does anyone have a problem with the drivers door window rolling half way down after entering and closing the door. Just got the 10.2 upgrade, it was doing it before upgrade (sporadic) and still does it about every 10th time I get in the car. LOVE having bluetooth and a working radio. Geez the upgrade is like a new car.

All the best
There seems to be many anomalies going on (with all new cars; not just in 12C's) with the communications between the various 'electronic control modules' and the 'vehicle bus'. :mad:
If you can't put the window back up: As a last resort ..... place your hand under the sensor just aft of the driver's door (the sensor that enables keyless locking) ..... and, hold your hand there until the window slowly rises.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
There seems to be many anomalies going on (with all new cars; not just in 12C's) with the communications between the various 'electronic control modules' and the 'vehicle bus'. :mad:
If you can't put the window back up: As a last resort ..... place your hand under the sensor just aft of the driver's door (the sensor that enables keyless locking) ..... and, hold your hand there until the window slowly rises.
Good tip Limey:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Think he means when he gets in the car. I understand that would be annoying, but just use window switch and raise it. I think the car is telling the owner something, it is saying crack the windows and lets hit some tunnels baby!

You are right about these newer cars, just took the SV for a drive, low left rear tire warning, checked pressure, perfect at 35 psi, went away after I did my warm up lap around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Helloe everyone

All the best

I think this happens because the door sensor needs adjusting as it is reading the door open and thus dropping the window. Have you tried re-shutting the door and the window staying shut? It needs adjustment by the dealer. My car does it occasionally .

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yep mine does this sporadically and not fixed by 10.2.

Only when I am seated in the car, though.

I put it down to a minor irritant and given the complexities of modern cars, no real issue.

Interested to note how to sort when outside the car, but has not happened to met – yet!

Looks like it will be sunny, dry and warm in the UK this weekend, so lots of hooning on the horizon for all of us lucky owners.

Must remember to warm those tyres up before I go out to play.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As the manual states *ahem*, this is caused by the window sensor thinking that something is blocking it from rolling all the way up (pinch sensor). Mine has done this a few times, and I just hit the switch to roll it up, no problem.

If this is happening often, just take it to the dealer and tell them, they can either readjust it, or replace the faulty sensor.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I believe some of you guys are not seeing the OP's stated problem.
If "I" understand it correctly: He closes his door .... his window goes up .... BUT then it goes half-way down, and remains at the half-open position. (I don't think that would occur with a "pinch event".)
Is this the scenario, Gary??

Regarding some of the issues that others have mentioned, and their workarounds for a specific problem: It's nice to find a method for overcoming an issue, however I want the factory to actually solve these annoyances and fix them.
It reminds one of the old days, when you could wave your arms around your television's rabbit ears antenna and cause better reception. The method works, but who wants to keep fiddling to make something work the way it's designed to work !:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You've got it right

Hi Limey !
Yes, the problem is not a pinch issue, I open the door, get in....close the door and the window goes half way down. It of course rolls back up when I do so, but it is a strange thing. Happens sporadically, I drive the car nearly every day and it's about 8 times a month. Could not agree more re:fixing things, but I must say McLaren has been a pleasure to work with. I am in Southern California and the Beverly Hills dealership is first rate. With these ECU units, and horsepower upgrades via software . . . I can live with a quirky window. I sure do love my Big Mac !

Cheers !

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I believe some of you guys are not seeing the OP's stated problem.
If "I" understand it correctly: He closes his door .... his window goes up .... BUT then it goes half-way down, and remains at the half-open position. (I don't think that would occur with a "pinch event".)
Is this the scenario, Gary??

Regarding some of the issues that others have mentioned, and their workarounds for a specific problem: It's nice to find a method for overcoming an issue, however I want the factory to actually solve these annoyances and fix them.
It reminds one of the old days, when you could wave your arms around your television's rabbit ears antenna and cause better reception. The method works, but who wants to keep fiddling to make something work the way it's designed to work !:rolleyes:

You have moved on from rabbit ears!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem. Is there any way to bypass the sensor with some hack like with a resistor or something. I'm out of warranty and don't feel like paying $1000 at the dealer. Does anybody know where the pinch sensor is located. I'll try to see what kind of signal it send out and bypass it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts