McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering the silly season is in full swing, let the rumors and wild guesses begin...

Webber out.
Massa out.
Kimi to Ferrari.

Button???

Perez???

I suspect Perez will stay since he brings "muchos pesos" and is probably linked to the new "Claro" sponsorship.
Button may be the odd man out.
Time for the "Hulk"?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think Button will stay for 2014. However, 2015 could be a different matter. Alonso might be back.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Button will be at McLaren until he retires.

Alonso & Kimi will be OK together at Ferrari.

Vettel will move to Ferrari in 2015 when Alonso exits.
Why do you say Vettel will move to Ferrari? IMO, his situation couldn't improve over what it is. He is more important than Red Bull. :eek: He could never be more important than Ferrari.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
yeah I am not sure that is the case either with regard to vettel.. while the logic makes sense, money and everyone wants to drive for the scuderia, unless newey has retired or Allison has really made good, I don't see it happening.. he'll have championships 5 and 6 at that point no doubt so am sure he'll want to have at least 8..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It is not about being a Jerk. Its about building your Legacy. Lets face facts - If you don't race for Ferrari or McLaren(maybe) you really won't go down in F1 history as somebody. Nobody really cares about MS at Benetton! Thats b/c Benetton is a clothing store. Red Bull is an Energy drink maker. Sorry but they doesn't really compete with racing for Scuderia Ferrari. McLaren does, and lately so does Mercedes. That is why Fernando left Renault for McLaren and then for Ferrari. Same reason Kimi left for Ferrari. The reality is F1 = Ferrari. That is how Bernie wants it. I'm sure Bernie would love for Ferrari to win the WDC and WCC.

·
Administrator
2,740 Posts
It is not about being a Jerk. Its about building your Legacy. Lets face facts - If you don't race for Ferrari or McLaren(maybe) you really won't go down in F1 history as somebody. Nobody really cares about MS at Benetton! Thats b/c Benetton is a clothing store. Red Bull is an Energy drink maker. Sorry but they doesn't really compete with racing for Scuderia Ferrari. McLaren does, and lately so does Mercedes. That is why Fernando left Renault for McLaren and then for Ferrari. Same reason Kimi left for Ferrari. The reality is F1 = Ferrari. That is how Bernie wants it. I'm sure Bernie would love for Ferrari to win the WDC and WCC.
I would have to agree. Other name I would add to the list is Williams historically.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts