McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really like the looks of this car. Has been for sale since summer. 4th photo looks stunning.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=1319041

Ask 249k, loaded except ceramic brakes. Wish the interior leather was black though. Maybe add red calipers to help coordinate with the interior? Never been into silver / grey with red / burgundy interior, but not against trying something new.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what my wife said. Kind of like the Nissan Black Series with more red.

Surprised so many cars have the mesh fabric door panels and seat inserts instead of full leather or leather / alcantara. Not in love with most of the interiors currently for sale.

Does anyone have any pricing on adding Alcantara seat inserts and door panels?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
That's what my wife said. Kind of like the Nissan Black Series with more red.

Surprised so many cars have the mesh fabric door panels and seat inserts instead of full leather or leather / alcantara. Not in love with most of the interiors currently for sale.

Does anyone have any pricing on adding Alcantara seat inserts and door panels?
It's a beautiful car, with the exception of the interior colour layout. I would have preferred having the red on the interior aspect of the seat, it just seems to have a overload of red the way it is. Currently my car is all black with red stitching, so
I'm in the process of getting someone to produce the center sections in a perforated black on red. The gentleman who will be performing this task is John and company at Caravaggio. He has done a lot of work on Corvette's, Camaro's, Ferrari's, BMW's etc. I have included a link to his business below. Cheers.....??

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/01/11/custom-2008-caravaggio-convertible-corvette-z06-for-sale/

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a beautiful car, with the exception of the interior colour layout. I would have preferred having the red on the interior aspect of the seat, it just seems to have a overload of red the way it is. Currently my car is all black with red stitching, so
I'm in the process of getting someone to produce the center sections in a perforated black on red. The gentleman who will be performing this task is John and company at Caravaggio. He has done a lot of work on Corvette's, Camaro's, Ferrari's, BMW's etc. I have included a link to his business below. Cheers.....����

http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/01/11/custom-2008-caravaggio-convertible-corvette-z06-for-sale/
Yes John's work is fantastic. ZR1 and Z06 should have come with his Corvette seats from the factory. Lucky you are in Canada.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes John's work is fantastic. ZR1 and Z06 should have come with his Corvette seats from the factory. Lucky you are in Canada.
Hey Markjayw most of his business is south of the border, and he does do work for Ferrari of Canada. I had him do a lot of work on my 99 C5 ragtop, highly recommended indeed. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Markjayw most of his business is south of the border, and he does do work for Ferrari of Canada. I had him do a lot of work on my 99 C5 ragtop, highly recommended indeed. Cheers....??
Yes, he does alot here in the States, but I am sure it is easier to ship seats inside Canada than from outside. Look forward to seeing what he comes up with for your car.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes, he does alot here in the States, but I am sure it is easier to ship seats inside Canada than from outside. Look forward to seeing what he comes up with for your car.
I'm only getting the skins done, so they will peel off the existing covers. After which duplicates of the current patterns will be made est voila I'll have what I really wanted in my car. He's also in the process of adding some colour to my steering wheel. Once everything is done I will be sure to post some pictures. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm only getting the skins done, so they will peel off the existing covers. After which duplicates of the current patterns will be made est voila I'll have what I really wanted in my car. He's also in the process of adding some colour to my steering wheel. Once everything is done I will be sure to post some pictures. Cheers....??
If you could pm me his estimate, as I might soon be doing something similar.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If you could pm me his estimate, as I might soon be doing something similar.
No problem what so ever, I'm hoping to have that information by the end of next week. My car will be on display at the Toronto international auto show, starting the 15th of this month. ??

·
Registered
107 Posts
Priced too high. It's a 215k car and unfortunately declining in value daily.. Too many available coupes is really crushing the resale values.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Priced too high. It's a 215k car and unfortunately declining in value daily.. Too many available coupes is really crushing the resale values.
I feel the same, but did not want to say it first.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Well, I guess it's time to admit that I've lived in the Middle East for too long .... I love that interior, my first car was very similar just minus the carbon.

I assume you were all just being nice and not commenting when I posted the photo of the full red leather interior of the current car in another thread recently? :(

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I guess it's time to admit that I've lived in the Middle East for too long .... I love that interior, my first car was very similar just minus the carbon.

I assume you were all just being nice and not commenting when I posted the photo of the full red leather interior of the current car in another thread recently? :(
I don't mind the interior, just biggest issue is nothing from the exterior flows into the interior, such as red brake calipers.

Would have been much more subtle though for the previous owner to just do red calipers, and then add red stitching on the interior.

Many Ferrari's spec'd seem to have similar problems. What some owner's are thinking when they check some of those boxes blows my mind. Probably doing tequilla shots with the Sales Manager during the preliminary build process! :eek:

McLaren Beverly Hills would be way ahead if they would just remove the seat covers, and have them redone in all black, then get the calipers painted red.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Make them a low ball offer then ask them to replace the calipers before u agree on the final price. That's how I would do it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I don't mind the interior, just biggest issue is nothing from the exterior flows into the interior, such as red brake calipers.

Would have been much more subtle though for the previous owner to just do red calipers, and then add red stitching on the interior.
Fair comments, I wanted the red theme to flow throughout as you mention. The red of the McLaren badging, the red calipers and then the red interior.

As has been said, your preferences can hopefully be negotiated into the final price.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How many guys that bought a car with standard brakes wish they bought one with carbon ceramic brakes, or vice versa?

·
Registered
432 Posts
How many guys that bought a car with standard brakes wish they bought one with carbon ceramic brakes, or vice versa?
I have standard brakes and would not change them. I've tracked my car several times, and the brakes out perform the driver. They've been flawless so far. Plus $14K less...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts