McLaren Life banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Im more concerned about the panel matching than these small chips honestly.
Yes. Well if we move beyond 1oz bottle DIY chip repairs to having a panel area spray painted by a professional then the focus moves to locating the best painter in your area. You indicated that there is not a McLaren dealer close by - perhaps there is a Porsche or other high end car dealer local that can tell you who handles their paint repairs - you could check the Porsche forums and ask and/or ask local owners.
Hope you can have your car panel paint restored to original condition soon :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes. Well if we move beyond 1oz bottle DIY chip repairs to having a panel area spray painted by a professional then the focus moves to locating the best painter in your area. You indicated that there is not a McLaren dealer close by - perhaps there is a Porsche or other high end car dealer local that can tell you who handles their paint repairs - you could check the Porsche forums and ask and/or ask local owners.
Hope you can have your car panel paint restored to original condition soon :)
The closest thing to high end is Mercedes near by. I may just get the larger container from Boston and do it myself then have a body shop do the final wet sand and polish to blend.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The closest thing to high end is Mercedes near by. I may just get the larger container from Boston and do it myself then have a body shop do the final wet sand and polish to blend.
OK but the ‘blending’ requires a sort of fading/misting into the original color paint. Then the eye doesn’t notice the slight color change from the repair area to the original paint.
If you have experience with a sprayer and a very clean area to work in perhaps you will be happy with the result - but if you are going to trust a body shop to do the “final wet sand and polish” why not have them spray your Boston paint?
Check out the Mercedes dealers paint shop.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Wow blast from the past!

Wow, that shelf life is crazy short. Weird that it could be in an airtight container and last less than produce in my freezer! Must be the unicorn tear ingredients!

Welcome back and congrats on the 765!
Hi ZP. Yes. I’m back, from an exclusive three year tour of Europe, Scandinavia and the sub continent.

Been through 675, 570, Senna, 600 and now the glorious 765. Truly the best yet. Down to only the 765 and a bunch of astons and a C8. Have my spec in for the Artura. Here’s some 765 love. The weather finally broke in the NE but the grit is ridiculous.

Nice to see you’re still around keeping the young’ns in check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 44 of 44 Posts