McLaren Life banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You must be the part of the holy 1% know it all then
the 1% only find out they are dumb asses when they inadvertently trigger it and call roadside assistance and/or their dealer . I’ve been there , done that unfortunately

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Can you provide more details on what triggers this and how to "untrigger" it?
ignition on but engine not on . Move the signal indicator stalk up or down (depending on which one of the parking light you want on ).

from memory ; to take it off ; best way is to just turn the engine on and then return the signal indicator to its neutral position .

Note ; people mistakenly trigger this . How I triggered it ; I stop the engine . Got out of the car but then realized that I had to take out the cigarette adapter charger . I leaned into the car (while it was awake ), reached below the steering wheel to get the adapter . My shoulder hit the signal stalk and moved it up . I get out of the car (locked it ) and see that my right rear and front right light is on .

I could not figure out why it was on . After a while , I try to recreate my last movements . Get in the car , try to grab the cigarette charger and noticed that my shoulder hit the signal stalk .

note ; this usually gets triggered by mistake and people don’t know why it happened and the only way to get it off is to turn the car back on and return the signal indicator back to its neutral position . (This is also buried somewhere in the owners manual . However, you’ll think it’s a quirk but you have inadvertently moved the signal stalk while the car was awake ).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts