• Car 2

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to take my first test drive at local McLaren dealer this past weekend. WOW!!!
Not much else to say really. Definitely a completely different drive and feel than my just recently sold Scuderia. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed it. The power this car has is mind boggling!

Currently considering two MP4's with Near identical MSRP's, miles, color, and price.
Just curious of the general consensus as to which one you guys would choose.....

Car 1)
Exterior elite paint. Pearl white
Carbon fiber mirror casings
Carbon fiber splitter
Carbon fiber Vanes
Carbon Fiber engine covers
Carbon fiber engine panels
Sport exhaust
Lightweight forged wheels (silver finish)
Cast iron brakes - McLaren orange calipers
Custom zoned interior - carbon black / Almond white
Carbon fiber interior
Electric and heated memory seats
Premium Meridian surround sound
Parking sensors front and rear
Lithium - ion battery charger
MSRP $281,195

Car 2)
Standard white paint
Carbon fiber splitter
Carbon fiber mirror casings
Carbon fiber diffuser
Stealth pack
Super - lightweight forged wheels- (stealth finish)
Carbon ceramic brakes- McLaren orange calipers
Alcantara & Leather interior - carbon black / carbon black
Contrast stitching on dashboard
Carbon fiber interior
Carbon fiber seat backs
Carbon fiber sill panels
Premium meridian surround sound
McLaren branded floor mats
Lithium - ion battery charger
*Dealer added Sport exhaust
MSRP $280,265 PLUS $5430 for Sport exhaust =$285,695

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Car TWO floats my boat,ceramics thrown in at the same price,and you don't need the electric seats !!

·
Registered
173 Posts
for me no need of CCB. Electric seats is absolutely essential as I often have back ache. I changed my SLK for that reason.
I would choose Car 1 also for the customized interior.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car TWO floats my boat,ceramics thrown in at the same price,and you don't need the electric seats !!
Ceramics certainly do fill the space behind the wheel and look great!

for me no need of CCB. Electric seats is absolutely essential as I often have back ache. I changed my SLK for that reason.
I would choose Car 1 also for the customized interior.
Yes, the interior on this one does look great! And the Pearl white is darn pretty as well!

Tough choice. I dunno. Sorry.
Lol. exactly my thoughts!

·
Registered
183 Posts
What you could do is go to the McLaren configurator web page and build the car that you want from scratch, forgetting about cars 1 and 2.

Next, go back and look at which of the 2 car's options comes closest to your configured ideal car.

That could help.

Cheers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Actually, I think it's an easy decision. Pick the one that appeals to you most. They're both excellent and well equipped. You won't regret either one.
Personally, I like the stealth pack and wheels and am not a big fan of two-tone interiors or the CF vanes on light colored cars. So I would go with #2, but that is a very personal opinion. The only thing that I would miss on the second car is the sport exhaust, but you can get that later I you want.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Tough choice. If I HAD to pick between the two I would go with #1 with the Wheels from #2. If you have CF mirrors and vanes then it makes no sense to not have stealth wheels. If also prefer the change in colors in the interior. Otherwise - you will end up with a plain black interior on a white car which IMHO isn't as "special".

Either way - Good Luck! Just remeber - 1 week after you buy it you will completely forget about the other car.;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
If it were me I'd go with #2...almond white interior might be hard to clean and you definitely would not want to wear jeans. The options from car #2 also sounds like it'd be a better bet overall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would go with car 2. Specifically I was in the market just like you were, and looked at car #1 in southern california. The front carbon fiber lip was damaged by severe chips as well as the paint on the front bumper. Difficult to fix carbon fiber. Other than I don't think the car looks good with steel brakes (I know it's lame and you can't judge by looks on brakes) and pearl white looks a little feminine.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I would go with car 2. Specifically I was in the market just like you were, and looked at car #1 in southern california. The front carbon fiber lip was damaged by severe chips as well as the paint on the front bumper. Difficult to fix carbon fiber. Other than I don't think the car looks good with steel brakes (I know it's lame and you can't judge by looks on brakes) and pearl white looks a little feminine.
He pretty much answered your question for you. :)

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
How tall are you?

I am 6' 2 and wish I did NOT have the electric seats - could use that extra inch or two..

Ceramics - wouldn't want the car without it as I despise brake dust and prefer the look over the steel.

Where are the Kodak moments!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Car #2, add the carbon engine options, or make the Dealer through those in.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a bunch guys!! I forgot to mention car 2 had a sport exhaust added from the dealer after delivery was taken! So that would bring msrp up another $5k I suppose.
As much as I want the carbon engine bits, I think I can live without the power seats coming from a Scuderia.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, I think it's an easy decision. Pick the one that appeals to you most. They're both excellent and well equipped. You won't regret either one.
Personally, I like the stealth pack and wheels and am not a big fan of two-tone interiors or the CF vanes on light colored cars. So I would go with #2, but that is a very personal opinion. The only thing that I would miss on the second car is the sport exhaust, but you can get that later I you want.
Thanks for the response. Forgot to mention car 2 did get sport exhaust added by dealer after owner took delivery. So that makes it all the more appealing now!

Thanks for the heads up. The dealer did tell me about the stone chips on front bumper, but glad you mentioned the lip issues. Why on earth isn't it the first thing any owner does.... clear bra these cars immediately!

Car 1 because coming from a ferrari you will want a sports exhaust
Lol... yes, Scuderia will be near impossible to replace in sound characteristics, but hopefully this car will make up everywhere else! And as you may have seen now, car 2 did have sport exhaust added!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts