McLaren Life banner

Which McLaren Badge is Coolest?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
John,you forgot the full text badge from the rear or the smaller one from the top of the airbox,both of which you can have on the bonnet,not conventional but plenty of us have it !!!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
John,you forgot the full text badge from the rear or the smaller one from the top of the airbox,both of which you can have on the bonnet,not conventional but plenty of us have it !!!

Andy I think he was fully focus on the front end and not the other aspects of the car, like the engine or it's rear end ;) Cheers......??

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy, sorry, I didn't realize you could get those on the front. The reason for this was I had a theory (which seems to be getting disproved) in that whatever folks like the most, McLaren should make the most exclusive.

So, MSO badge (by current votes) should be the stealth badge, the square badge an optional upgrade, and the red badge standard. I though things would reverse, because to my eye, the color swoosh is, design-wise, the most attractive, the stealth badge the next most attractive, and the square badge is very ho-hum (from a purely design aesthetic) and as such, would have recommended that the square badge become the standard badge, upgrade to the stealth, and the red badge be only available via MSO.

Will be interesting to see how the voting ends up, but it seems that stealth is clearly taking it via looks. I guess, kinda like when he apple logo went monochrome... I personally think the red swoosh is still, from a design aesthetic, the most stand out, but I have the aesthetic sense of a blind pig. :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It's all very subjective, John I didn't realize that pigs were blind I always thought it was bats. :D. Keep up the great work. Cheers....??

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
John - From a design perspective, I agree and would vote for the stealth badge. That said though, the one I would want on the front end of any McLaren I get to put in my garage would be the heritage badge. My reasoning is that it links the car back to the F1, which to me, is a true icon. I understand the design of the swoosh is different than the Nike logo, but that's the association I have with it. So, in the messed up world of my head, I'd opt for what I perceive to be the link to an icon, and not a fly set of kicks :D

-Jamie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts