McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I'd either go plain-jane glossy black with no color tint at all, or something like Abyss Black which actually is just a really dark blue. I'm not entirely sure what Cosmos Black is. Modest metallic maybe?

I think the best blacks are the ones that are just really dark versions of not-black that show color in the right light. I'm not a huge fan of the sparkle/glitter blacks that shimmer a lot like Fire Black etc.

Here's Abyss, which I think is nice. You can see how blue it is in the right light.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Abyss Black actually looks really nice but as its MSO I would need to see it in person to see whether the extra $'s is worth it. Cosmos has an orange sparkle/glitter and I have it on the 600LT Spyder and its pops in the sun. Will investigate Abyss Black(y)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don't think anyone else can answer that for you. Having said that, McLaren isn't making it easy for us due to the lack of paint colour samples at many dealers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Abyss Black actually looks really nice but as its MSO I would need to see it in person to see whether the extra $'s is worth it. Cosmos has an orange sparkle/glitter and I have it on the 600LT Spyder and its pops in the sun. Will investigate Abyss Black(y)
Cosmos black has green flakes , no?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reactions: VRP14

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ha, ha. I’ve only seen green 🤷‍♂️
I was looking for EvolutionAutomotive's YT video with the paint sample in the sun, but he took it down. It showed all the flakes, the name 'Cosmos' really suits the color.

Reactions: shack

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
If you want a heavy orange/red flake, Fire Black has a pretty strong flake in it. Too much for me, but if you like it...

It would be pretty rare as well. I don't think I've seen a Fire Black car since 12C/P1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts