McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some ideas, when do you drive your mclaren and where to? Especially with covid, there’s not a whole lot of place to go to ( restaurant, clubs, events etc...) Every weekend I bring the car out, but just kinda lost and don’t know where to go. I just started ordering takeout at some restaurant 20 miles away and drive to get the food lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looking for some ideas, when do you drive your mclaren and where to? Especially with covid, there’s not a whole lot of place to go to ( restaurant, clubs, events etc...) Every weekend I bring the car out, but just kinda lost and don’t know where to go. I just started ordering takeout at some restaurant 20 miles away and drive to get the food lol.
Sometimes just go for the drive. No destination. Have some fun. Make the air brake block my rear view. Just enjoy the car

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
429 Posts
Went twenty miles to a pet store three miles away.

Last weekend was our first longer trip, 120 miles each way to see the “Grand Prix of Atlanta” at Road Atlanta.

Planning a 280 mile each way trip to Kure Beach in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: zouk and ima2nr

·
Registered
346 Posts
Where are you located?

You should drive it everyday and any chance you get. The more you drive it the more you will enjoy it. Drive it in the rain or sunshine. If you get it dirty you get to wash it :) . Find some back country roads and small towns and make a trip out of it. Drive it long enough until the car starts giving you all kinds of warning lights and sounds that tells you it needs gas. Drive it like you own it and the not the other way around. Also, don't forget the most important thing, always take the longest rout back home 😁

All the best,
RBH

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live outside of Nashville and there are some amazing backroads...well paved with great turns. Also going on BlackTop Rally in a couple of weeks to the North Carolina mountains- Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, Devils Triangle, Blue Ridge Parkway, some great driving out there.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I live in a beach community on the west coast of Florida and take any opportunity to take mine out. There are several restaurants that the valet allows me to park in the prime spot well protected from others. I take it wherever I go if the parking is suitable and generally with the top down. Wish we had some great twists and turns with elevation changes, but this is a flat state. Cheers everyone.

·
Premium Member
2012 "Swipe" MP4-12C
680 Posts
And if you have kids take them for the drive too! When they get older they will remember some of the drives and the memories you create with them, and take lots of pictures in of them in the car as well.

Just last night my now 28yr old son was sitting in a 2012 Lambo Gallardo LP-550 I had here at the house working on, and he says "Dad! Dad! Take my picture... Take it exactly like the picture you have of me sitting in your 2005 Gallardo when I was 13 yrs old back in 2005"

My 11yr old son Preston over heard this conversation, and he chimed in and said "Dad? What about me? Don't you have an old picture of me in your other Lambo?" - He was actually so young at the time, He does not remember it, but I used to put his car seat in the Murcielago and drive him around all the time! But what he does remember is seeing those pictures of himself in the Lambo so he has formed a memory from the pictures...

5yr old Preston riding In the Murcielago Roadster (in a car seat!)

Preston sitting in the new 2015 Corvette Z06 (When its a manual he loves to shift the gears from the passenger side!)

Preston with both Mom & Dad's 12C's

Preston playing on his iPad in the Ferrari 355

My niece about to take her first ride in The Mac

Preston cleaning the Viper "Just like Dad"

The drive is not just about your destination, It's really about the journey. Share it with friends and family and enjoy it to it's fullest extent.

Cheers!

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
429 Posts
I live outside of Nashville and there are some amazing backroads...well paved with great turns. Also going on BlackTop Rally in a couple of weeks to the North Carolina mountains- Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, Devils Triangle, Blue Ridge Parkway, some great driving out there.
Blue Ridge Parkway about 2 miles from our place. Learned to drive on the many twisties in Western North Carolina, roads my ancestors traversed in horse drawn wagons. My grandfather helped survey the route of the Parkway through this area. Back when we had a LOT fewer people around here we pretty much considered that road as ours.

Dreamed of having a sports car, a Lotus. Has enjoyed three now, but never imagined such cars as our McLarens would ever exist, much less that we’d have them in our driveways.

Reactions: ima2nr

·
Owner
579 Posts
Where do you drive the Mac? Where don't you drive it?

Where I live the democrats haven't closed and destroyed everything, but a drive just for the drive works as well as a drive with a destination.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. I just moved to central jersey, not knowing the area definitely doesn’t help lol. There are a lot of wooded areas, nice scenery but pavements here are straight up trash. Sometimes I drive on route 1, especially when I’m the first car waiting for the green I can get some good acceleration going, but other than that just some highway driving. Other roads are just too bumpy

·
Enthusiast / Future Owner
50 Posts
Thanks all. I just moved to central jersey, not knowing the area definitely doesn’t help lol
Welcome! I'm not too familiar with great driving roads but I'm sure you'll be able to find some given enough time. If you're not already aware, there's some great groups of people like Red Bank Cars & Coffee and Bergen County Cars and Caffe if you're willing to make the drive up there. I'm sure you can find someone there that will share their favorite driving roads!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mountain roads and national parks. Lots of twists, not a lot of other cars, and beautiful scenery. Tip: Use the desktop / browser version of Google Maps to plan your route, where you can use the mouse to drag blue route line on the map around. Find those roads that get you where you want, but are not on major highways, a bit away from towns, but also are not gravel.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I drive 40 miles to get a pretzel. Freshly baked, feeds 2 people.
I also went about 800 miles last weekend to northern Michigan along the west coast. Leaves are beautiful this time of year, forgot to take pictures

·
Registered
600 Posts
I drive 40 miles to get a pretzel. Freshly baked, feeds 2 people.
I also went about 800 miles last weekend to northern Michigan along the west coast. Leaves are beautiful this time of year, forgot to take pictures
I think my wife would drive a100 miles for one of those pretzels 🥨

·
Registered
2018 570GT Sports Pack in Polaris Blue
12 Posts
Well, every week I try to do something more than just pulling it out of the garage and driving around the block to keep the tires round...😏.

I do at least a 30 mile loop, that takes me and the car through a bit of San Francisco and a few SF North Bay towns (Larkspur, Mill Valley, Sausalito and Tiburon).... that's typically been my minimum anyway. Minimum miles - maximum handwaves, nods and smiles! McLaren's are still a pretty rare beast around these parts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, every week I try to do something more than just pulling it out of the garage and driving around the block to keep the tires round...😏.

I do at least a 30 mile loop, that takes me and the car through a bit of San Francisco and a few SF North Bay towns (Larkspur, Mill Valley, Sausalito and Tiburon).... that's typically been my minimum anyway. Minimum miles - maximum handwaves, nods and smiles! McLaren's are still a pretty rare beast around these parts.
Different location, yet same overwhelming response.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts