McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600lt coupe
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

New member here, had my 600 coupe for 18 months now and have scrubbed my original set of Trofeo R's after 3500 miles and some spirited track days!

I'm now looking to get a set of dedicated track wheels and tyres, you guys seem to be much more informed on track set ups etc so I wonder if I can ask for some advice?

I am struggling to find a set of 600 wheels but 570 ones are easily obtainable, does the fact the rear wheel is 10" opposed to 11" have any implications as they both seem to run as 285 tyre stock ? (apologies if this is a stupid question).

I have read on an other thread here that some people have gone for slightly wider rubber front and rear, does this have a noticeable benefit for track driving?

Finally, if I do manage to find a set of wheels any advice on tyres? The Trofeos are very good but I found they started to get a bit 'loose' after 5-6 laps, ( not being particularly experienced in track days I'm not sure if that is normal), considering getting a trailer to tow it to the track so would a set of slicks be a possibility?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Many here have gone with Finspeed wheels as they are custom made based upon how you plan to use them; street tires, track tires, racing slicks....

I am a part of the Finspeed and would be happy to talk with you further but there are several threads on here about us. I will DM you my number should you want to talk further.

Kurt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts