McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2016 650S Spider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so I found them at my local Starbucks. No carbon fiber, but the right colour. They (just) fit the 650S cup holders, and are really well insulated.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
OK, so I found them at my local Starbucks. No carbon fiber, but the right colour. They (just) fit the 650S cup holders, and are really well insulated.

Or the $180 plastic "MSO" fuel funnel for the capless filler that actually costs 90¢.

Why an egg-laying mammal?

·
2016 650S Spider
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
"Echidna" is just a handle I've used for a long time as an expatriate Australian - it's really OfNoConsequence ;)

When I chose it, I did not realize that while most Americans know what a Platypus is, they have no idea about Echidnas. As an indication of how people often parse things in their own context, once at a party in Princeton, NJ, I parked my car with the "ECHIDNA" vanity plate in the drive where people had to walk past it. Bear in mind that central NJ is a hot-bed of pharmaceutical research. A guest came in and asked "Who's the molecular biologist?"

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
That's a great story. Pretty rarefied air up there in Princeton.

Monotreme was a final Jeopardy question recently. Oz has several evolutionary backwaters I find fascinating. Silly info like that is a hobby.

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,008 Posts
"Echidna" is just a handle I've used for a long time as an expatriate Australian - it's really OfNoConsequence ;)

When I chose it, I did not realize that while most Americans know what a Platypus is, they have no idea about Echidnas. As an indication of how people often parse things in their own context, once at a party in Princeton, NJ, I parked my car with the "ECHIDNA" vanity plate in the drive where people had to walk past it. Bear in mind that central NJ is a hot-bed of pharmaceutical research. A guest came in and asked "Who's the molecular biologist?"
We know them in America by their more common vernacular, here, of spiny anteaters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
ZombiePhysicist
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing