McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

Curious what everyone is paying for insurance...I pay 2k a year with 1k deductible via USAA...seems incredibly high since I pay half that on my wifes new escalade. I would assume it's because of how expensive parts are on the mclaren...but i have also been married 19 years, no claims and have 6 kids. lol.

What are you guys paying?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
According to this article I am paying an average amount...lol. Glad I don't have an aventador...says it cost an average of $568 a month to insure! wow.

·
Registered
248 Posts
$1100 year with heacock. 3k mi per year,stated value replacement and zero deductible. city i live in is one of the most expensive in the county.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm paying about $2600/year in Michigan for 1k deductible with State Farm. Michigan is known for having really high insurance. It's quite a bit cheaper than I was expecting before I bought the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I pay under 1500$ per year through Mapfre insurance in MA. I take the car off the road for the winter so yearly I actually pay only about 800$. No mileage limitations, 1000$ deductable.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Liberty Mutual, $1130 for 9k miles, in California, $1k deductible and some additional cover ("Better Car Replacement" and "Employee Parking Guard"). That's only 50% more than the beater cars, worth ~3% of the 12C's value.

·
Registered
29 Posts
49 years old Indiana driver, no tickets or issues for over 20 years, and paying close to 3k annually through Progressive...stated value, low deductible. Guess I need to do some shopping for a better policy.

·
2012 MP4-12C
270 Posts
33 years old, 250/500/100 plan, 5k miles per year, $1k deductible, & as part of a fleet of cars and home (bundled). $2200 annually thru State Farm.

Based on the numbers posted above, it looks like many are posting their 6 month premium and not their annual? Or the coverages are mighty low...

·
Registered
39 Posts
33 years old, 250/500/100 plan, 5k miles per year, $1k deductible, & as part of a fleet of cars and home (bundled). $2200 annually thru State Farm.

Based on the numbers posted above, it looks like many are posting their 6 month premium and not their annual? Or the coverages are mighty low...

Nope, mine is around $1,200 annually with Country Financial. 250/500/250 ACV coverage, $1000 deductible. Bundled with home and umbrella, and wife (29 y/o) insured as primary since it was cheaper that way.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine is annual as well. Bundled with 3 other cars so 4 total with 250/500/250 coverage and $500 deductible. Prior to switching to Ameriprise last August, I was paying double through Nationwide.

·
Registered
25 Posts
46 yrs old, $795 yr, $10k deductible . Insurance is only worth it for catastrophic events. I.e. You claim $7k then they raise premiums and get their money back within 3years.

·
Registered
15 Posts
  • 2019 720s insured using State Farm, near Seattle.
  • I have no tickets, no accidents, 30+ year driving experience.
  • Wife who gets into very minor fender benders and has a school-zone ticket.
  • 500K limits on liability, etc, and a $2k deductible.
Some places would not insure me due to lack of proven high performance driving record, and my insistence on unlimited miles. (for example, Chubb, Hagerty. They were very thorough, even searching for me on social media and such, and asking about a different person they found with my same name.)

Total: $1,518.72 per 6 months, so about $3K per year.

My insurance agent will be looking elsewhere in a bit, but we have a lot of other stuff going on that complicates it (Home remodel, etc). In the meantime I wanted insurance in order to drive it home from the dealer, so went with the first reasonable deal after a few frantic phone calls. $3K is cheap enough for now, but from what I understand can be much cheaper to roll it in with our house and other cars and such, and after I show folks I can drive a 700+hp car for a year without incidence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts