McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you go for a delivery miles car in your second color choice or a 6k miler in your first Color choice with the diff between the two being approx £7000 ($10000). The former seems to be better value even although more expensive but with the downside being the second Color choice, the latter is optimum color but I have concerns regarding the mileage being an issue on exit. Actual spec of the cars is very similar.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I'd go for the 6k miler in the first color choice... From the threads here, reliability seems generally good and a lot of the gremlins people report seem to manifest early. I'm not an owner, but I hope to be, and in the interim I've become sort of a research junky on getting all the info I can on used 12c cars. Is the car you're looking at under the 'McLaren Qualified' program? If it's not, and not being sold at a McLaren dealership, you might want to call the dealer you'd bring the car to for upkeep and see if there are any caveats if you were to buy the car from a non-dealer. Also, if you're worried about the warranty, if your first-choice-color car is under the Qualified plan, the warranty can be extended at a cost of between $3500 - $4000 a year (USD).

-nh4.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Depends on the 6000 miles and the care it was under - paint chips tire wear etc.

Mileage is usually worth 2.00 per.

Either way go grab one of em :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Everything about the car can be easily changed, repaired, or upgraded... except paint. That's the thing you don't want to regret, so I say get the paint you like best assuming the cars are both in good condition.

Have you gone and seen both of them in person though? If not, that may change your mind. Colors often look nothing like they do in photos.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think that long term, the Volcano Red may prove to be a liability due to difficulties matching it. You can put on plastic sheets all you want, but eventually the car is going to need paint work unless you don't drive it and the McLaren Orange is easy to match.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think that long term, the Volcano Red may prove to be a liability due to difficulties matching it. You can put on plastic sheets all you want, but eventually the car is going to need paint work unless you don't drive it and the McLaren Orange is easy to match.
Any paint can be matched, just not by anyone!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great point! You can also wait it out for the color you want meanwhile ride out more depreciation. PM me if you want to know the trade in value and what they are actually sold for for the past couple of months. Take care!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts