McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
From what I've researched/learned, they made 1,000 of them and mainly sold them through the dealers as an add-on for people purchasing a 12C. They didn't sell well, as the design wasn't well received (can't figure out why, I love it) and they had it tagged at $14,000 when new. I could be wrong on the last part, but I've seen that number quoted in other watch forums.

I started searching for one when I bought my 12C. Found what was billed as 'new old stock' and grabbed it. Had it checked out by Tag and everything was authenticated.

Here's a good article on the watch that goes into the specifics...https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-carrera-mp412c-review/

That RM is absolutely stunning...beautiful watch.

·
Owner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I've researched/learned, they made 1,000 of them and mainly sold them through the dealers as an add-on for people purchasing a 12C. They didn't sell well, as the design wasn't well received (can't figure out why, I love it) and they had it tagged at $14,000 when new. I could be wrong on the last part, but I've seen that number quoted in other watch forums.

I started searching for one when I bought my 12C. Found what was billed as 'new old stock' and grabbed it. Had it checked out by Tag and everything was authenticated.

Here's a good article on the watch that goes into the specifics...https://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-carrera-mp412c-review/

That RM is absolutely stunning...beautiful watch.
I think that Tag 12C is great and you can actually read the time. The RMs are really cool, but I can never read the time at a glance....... maybe I'm just getting old!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's been a week since they have basically shut the US economy down. I thought this might be a little fun. I'll play first. RM and some McLaren Orange!
View attachment 200559
this RM11-3 looks so much nicer than the McLaren version ... one of the very few RMs I really like ... and Ti is the best material for such sporty watch

·
Owner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this RM11-3 looks so much nicer than the McLaren version ... one of the very few RMs I really like ... and Ti is the best material for such sporty watch
Thanks. I usually like watches that you can actually easily read the time, but this one called to me and there wasn't the McLaren tax for the orange band!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thanks. I usually like watches that you can actually easily read the time, but this one called to me and there wasn't the McLaren tax for the orange band!
yes I generally don't like RM too much - also for that reason that they are very hard to read and astronomically overpriced when compared with PP, VC or AP regarding similar complications but way more detailed finishing ... the RM11 and especially the RM11-03 is the one big outlier in that regard for me bc I somehow think its very fitting for the supercar/F1 style - orange bracelet makes it a very nice combo :)

·
Owner
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Astronomical!? Overpriced! Nah! There's an understatement. :) I would never have pulled the trigger, but my wife saw that I liked it and the band was a McLaren Orange match after all! Surprise Christmas present!

How long have you had that 300SL? That's is a cool car!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Astronomical!? Overpriced! Nah! There's an understatement. :) I would never have pulled the trigger, but my wife saw that I liked it and the band was a McLaren Orange match after all! Surprise Christmas present!

How long have you had that 300SL? That's is a cool car!
My family has it very long time since the early 1980s but restored most mechanics one or more times in between...

we used to have a 300sl Gullwing too, but sold it as it’s practical usage is far more limited than the convertible ...

both cars were actually US cars - the Roadster from AZ the other from CA

·
Registered
31 Posts
At first glance it seemed easy to figure out the time. Is it 11:27?
Yes, you are correct
It is not easy to read
The idea behind a regulator (clock) is that it was used in a clock-maker’s shop to act as a standard to regulate watches, so the minute hand was the most important

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am an avid watch collector and will post a couple over the next few days.

To start it off, here is my Heuer 50th anniversary edition Monaco.

Kurt

1 - 20 of 27 Posts