McLaren Life banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to take out the car today and discovered this, found a good size puncture in it. Tires were getting worn down anyways and needed replacing. Besides replacing them with new Trofeo R's, what other brands have you guys tried on your 765LT that you like? Car puts so much power down I feel like the only options (if you want good grip) would be Trofeo R's, R888's, or Pilot Cup 2's. On my 570s I tried R888's, Michelin Super Sports, and P Zero Corsa's and each tire had its pros and cons. R888's were stupid grippy for 1,000-1,500 miles then lost its grip, and then were pretty loud when you were on the highway. Michelin Super Sports from day 1 did not hook up at all so did not like those, and the P Zero Corsa's were great once they got some heat in them but they were toast after only 2,500 miles. So open to any suggestions that you have tried! I am leaning towards the Pilot Cup 2's. They aren't nearly as bad on the wallet as Trofeo R's either. I have separate tires specifically for track days, but still want decent grip tires for the road.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
305 Posts
So went to take out the car today and discovered this, found a good size puncture in it. Tires were getting worn down anyways and needed replacing. Besides replacing them with new Trofeo R's, what other brands have you guys tried on your 765LT that you like? Car puts so much power down I feel like the only options (if you want good grip) would be Trofeo R's, R888's, or Pilot Cup 2's. On my 570s I tried R888's, Michelin Super Sports, and P Zero Corsa's and each tire had its pros and cons. R888's were stupid grippy for 1,000-1,500 miles then lost its grip, and then were pretty loud when you were on the highway. Michelin Super Sports from day 1 did not hook up at all so did not like those, and the P Zero Corsa's were great once they got some heat in them but they were toast after only 2,500 miles. So open to any suggestions that you have tried! I am leaning towards the Pilot Cup 2's. They aren't nearly as bad on the wallet as Trofeo R's either. I have separate tires specifically for track days, but still want decent grip tires for the road.

View attachment 214802
Tires
My 12C made 653 hp to the ground. I went from Cup 2's to Goodyears 3R's on track but for street I tried many and was happiest with PS4S
According to the main tire guy at Ron Fellows Corvette School the Michelin SS is faster than the PS4S at Spring Mountain (on GM products) but so what as
we are talking a great overall street tire not a track tire.
Hey amigo ...go easy on that throttle on the street You gots lotza hp for any street tire LOL

Reactions: 06viper

·
Registered
74 Posts
You wanna hook? R888R......

·
Registered
2020 Amethyst Black 720S Spider
51 Posts
I know I’ll probably swap to Goodyear 3R once the Trofeos are toast!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was running Michelin Sport 4S and they were fantastic
How is the grip on the 4s? I do not know how the 4s compares to the super sports but I really did not like the super sports on my 570s! It seemed like they were never able to get traction even from day 1!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reactions: 06viper

·
Registered
305 Posts

View attachment 214802
An alternative could be Yokohama Advan V601
That is what I am going to try on my 600 LT for street/mountain fast driving around corners

2012 MP4-12C
1,619 Posts
How is the grip on the 4s? I do not know how the 4s compares to the super sports but I really did not like the super sports on my 570s! It seemed like they were never able to get traction even from day 1!
I had Super Sport's on my E55 AMG (rwd torque monster) and I have PS4S's on my 12C. I think the PS4S is a better tire. Similar if not better grip, wear is WAY better, substantially better below 60 degrees.

·
Registered
157 Posts
An alternative could be Yokohama Advan V601
That is what I am going to try on my 600 LT for street/mountain fast driving around corners
don’t get the v601. I had them on a civic type r and they are only good for street driving. In a car like a 600lt. They will break traction all day long with any kind of aggressive driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts