McLaren Life banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am wanting to run r888r's on the back but keep the factory front tires. I am lowered, are any of you running R888R's in a 305's width? If so, what sidewall size? Do you think there would be any issues with the 305 on a lowered car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
245 in the front and 305 in the rear. R888R’s.....game changer! With the stock tires, I was spinning in 3rd and 4th. Can launch now with no spinning!!

·
Registered
2018 570s spider Sicilian yellow
17 Posts
Hi guys. Considering swapping my rear corsas with r888r’s.

what’a your experience on running corsas in the front and r888r at the rear?

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,257 Posts
Hi guys. Considering swapping my rear corsas with r888r’s.

what’a your experience on running corsas in the front and r888r at the rear?
Wouldn't that result in a lot of understeer? Also, I haven't heard of anyone mixing tire sets. My instinct is it's not a good idea, but would great for "science" to hear how it actually works out.

·
Registered
2018 570s spider Sicilian yellow
17 Posts
The thing is the front tires have a lot of miles left in them, but the rear needs changing. Also looking for a tire with good grip, I’m not satisfied with the corsas at all 🧐

·
Registered
127 Posts
Toyo R888s are THE BEST tire you can buy for a Mclaren hands down, no questions asked. They are cheap, look awesome, and grip like there's no tomorrow. And you don't need to warm them up like crazy for them to be sticky. They are super sticky even cold! Save yourself a headache if you are deciding what tires to buy and just get R888s, end of story.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts