McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys,
I am sure there is a post somewhere regarding this. But the season is coming up and I am planning on doing DPs and DME stage 2. What tires should I run on the rear? I have heard people rave about the r88rs. Will I be able to run my stock P zeros in front with something more high end on back?
Thank you !!!

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,258 Posts
This might be of help:

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
811 Posts
What are DPs?

Hey there guys,
I am sure there is a post somewhere regarding this. But the season is coming up and I am planning on doing DPs and DME stage 2. What tires should I run on the rear? I have heard people rave about the r88rs. Will I be able to run my stock P zeros in front with something more high end on back?
Thank you !!!

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
811 Posts
What are DPs?

Hey there guys,
Thank you !!!

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
811 Posts
Ah, downpipes, right? Personally for any street driving I would only run matching tires, ymmv. I could see this setup if you were really into drag racing or something.

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
157 Posts
Trofeo's are better with heat in them. The R888's are the better all around tire. They build heat quicker, they are sticky for the road and the track, they are a lot cheaper than the Trofeo's. Hard to beat them. Perhaps for 'absolute' track performance the Trofeo might be better...but all around it's hard to beat the R888. Slightly noisey at higher speeds, but not too bad. I like them a lot better than the Corsa's. IMHO.

·
Registered
411 Posts
What track, Street percentage of driving? Trofeos on the street are junk, they need too much heat that you'll never get in them. They are also picky at the track and work is a very narrow temp and pressure band. Cup2's for mostly track/ some street. p4s for mostly street/some track.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bad Idea to have tires of two different types on the front and rear of car. Coefficient of friction is different, traction levels are different. The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup2's are great, but god help you if it rains. The Pilot Super Sports are great and grippy as hell. The Trofeo R tires have an 80 tread wear, which means by the time you get home from putting them on they will need to be replaced. The R888 are LOUD. Change all four tires not just the back two. Burn up all four at a road course race track. The Stock Pirelli PZero is not a horrible tire. Michelin Pilots are better.

·
Owner
774 Posts
What is the best all-season tire for the 570? -- including wet conditions!
I have a great, GREAT fear stemming from the time I hydroplaned in my prior 12C !

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
157 Posts
What is the best all-season tire for the 570? -- including wet conditions!
I have a great, GREAT fear stemming from the time I hydroplaned in my prior 12C !
I'd personally say the Michelin PS4's...a close 2nd would be the R888.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I plan on not tracking the car. Mainly highway pulls and daily driving in nice weather. Didn't mind my stock tires but with this tune I NEED more grip..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Get PS4's then.

Reactions: NFARVW

·
Registered
176 Posts
2019 Track Pack here. Looking to replace the 4 stock Corsa tires with MPS4's but want to go slightly wider. Anyone know the correct sizes for front and rear wheels of the Track Pack to go slightly wider?

·
Registered
105 Posts
2019 Track Pack here. Looking to replace the 4 stock Corsa tires with MPS4's but want to go slightly wider. Anyone know the correct sizes for front and rear wheels of the Track Pack to go slightly wider?
I'm running MP4S 235/35/19 front 295/35/20 rear on stock wheels. Perfect!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Interesting you stayed with the 35 sidewall and went wider. So the tire is taller than stock. Any speedo issues?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Interesting you stayed with the 35 sidewall and went wider. So the tire is taller than stock. Any speedo issues?

·
Registered
105 Posts
No issues at all. Overall diameter difference is negligible. Front is 1.2% and rear is 0.7% taller. If you go 30 series tires, it would be -2.4% front and -3.2% rear which is a lot.

You can compare other sizes from here.
Tire Size Calculator

·
Registered
176 Posts
No issues at all. Overall diameter difference is negligible. Front is 1.2% and rear is 0.7% taller. If you go 30 series tires, it would be -2.4% front and -3.2% rear which is a lot.

You can compare other sizes from here.
Tire Size Calculator
Perfect! You may have some 60-130MPH gains as well. I'll go with those, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts