McLaren Life banner

What lease deal do you think I can ask for?

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  mkraft3003 
#1 ·
Found a new 2019 720s spider still available with 4400 miles on it. Dealer demo. MSRP is 425,000. Considering the model year and high mileage, what do you think I can ask for?

#2 ·
You can ask whatever you want. The worse they can do is say no. Have you looked on the various websites to see what used cars are going for? Looking on autotrader there are 85 spiders listed for sale. A 2020 with less miles is going for 305k. There are 7 of them under 310k, another 10 between 310-320k. Most of those are close to 400k msrp. I would offer them 300k. There are plenty of the, for you to pick from. Good luck.

#4 ·
Thanks man. I'm just wondering how low you really can go. Since it's still considered new, I can still get a full warranty. As I was looking through other posts on Mclarenlife, I guess it would fall into the 20-30% off area, I'll see if I can push em for more. ;)

#7 ·
it depends if the dealer has stamped the warranty. On a lot of demo cars it will be stamped in when it starts being used as a demo, however the dealer can offer you 1 or 2 year extended warranty. A simple call to them will give you that answer and you can negotiate the extended warranty. Now if you are looking to lease they “may” be able to offer you a new lease on the car since its untitled. However there may not be lease programs still available on a ‘19. Again, the dealer can easily tell you that. With all that being said the 720s is an amazing car and for the price they are going for nothing out there will beat it. Good luck.

#8 ·
The most important thing is the final sale price, as that sets the cap cost and residual.

For leases, your options are going with Ally which I think is Mclaren’s official lease partner for new cars, or either Premier, Putnam, or Amazon Leasing. I think Mclaren uses Amazon for their used cars, at least my local dealer does. Ally and Amazon Leasing are closed end leases while Premier and Putnam are open ended, and thus you can set whatever Residual you want and thus changed the monthly.

I have had 3 leases with Amazon Leasing and they have always been great. Fast and clear communication and better rates than the other two.

Good Luck and PM me if you want an intro to my guy at Amazon Leasing

#12 ·
Sanfran, also appears ? to have a New 2020 Storm Gray 720 Spider they are asking 279 for.

That's what website says, but have found sometimes that information is not true.

OP, have you called Orlando Mc? Being an exclusive dealer of Mc, I have found them to be very trustworthy and offering some good deals as well.

#14 ·
Sanfran, also appears ? to have a New 2020 Storm Gray 720 Spider they are asking 279 for.

That's what website says, but have found sometimes that information is not true.

OP, have you called Orlando Mc? Being an exclusive dealer of Mc, I have found them to be very trustworthy and offering some good deals as well.

orlando took a week to even get me a lease quote. guess they dont need business.

#17 · (Edited)
Bring an ordinary magnet to the car inspection. It should stick to all parts of the car. If contact is lost somewhere, there is an extra coat of paint.

If you don't have a magnet but have a good eye, squat down and look closely at the side of the car: is the reflection even? Does it look like there are kinks? The car is overpainted.
Evaluate the overall appearance of the car: the condition of the headlights, windows, mirrors, joints of parts. There should be no big chips, missing, rust.

A separate element of car exterior check is the condition of tires. Estimate rubber wears, tread depth, edge wear, find out the year of tires' production. Make sure there are no microcracks, cuts, or signs of repair. If you don't have enough money, go to hurtigudbetaling.dk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.