McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a mock up with black removable wrap to see if I like this on my 12C. As a sculptor I look at everything through an artist's eye and I felt like my side profile was missing something. I cut these to see how it changed the look of the car and I have friends that love it and friends that hate it. None of them own a Mac!

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sorry, not my cup of tea.

I can see the look that I think you're after, but the lower edge is at odds with the actual shape of the bodywork. A CF finish would look better too, IMO (I appreciate that this is probably just a mock-up).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Works for me. And is reversible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, not my cup of tea.

I can see the look that I think you're after, but the lower edge is at odds with the actual shape of the bodywork. A CF finish would look better too, IMO (I appreciate that this is probably just a mock-up).
I thought the same thing with the lower edge. My daughter had me stop there and I listened to her! I'm going to post another mock up with it rolling all the way to the bottom.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My initial reaction was that it looks more like a C8. I think it looks ok. Some originally is a good thing. I personally love white with tons of carbon exterior bits like wing, side skirts etc.

·
Owner
353 Posts
I would remove the wrap and black out the amber and red marker pieces - it would look sooooo much better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did a mock up with black removable wrap to see if I like this on my 12C. As a sculptor I look at everything through an artist's eye and I felt like my side profile was missing something. I cut these to see how it changed the look of the car and I have friends that love it and friends that hate it. None of them own a Mac!
I like the contrast!!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Is that a Project Alpha car? If so which serial #? I used to own #6 of 6 (graphite gray). FWI Yours is Beautiful!

And I love it that you want to add some drama to your 12C, but I'm not sure if you have found the right recipe yet (at least for my taste, which really means nothing). Please do share more renderings!

(y)

·
Registered
504 Posts
The 12C is one of the most beautiful McLaren's, and this in all respects. This cars doesn't need any cosmetic. With the black wrap I see the 570S side profile, and this is a negative change for me.
The current models may attract attention at first glance. But after a short time you get used to them and then you notice how restless and temporary their design is. The 12C was released in 2011 and still looks very modern, attractive and well balanced.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I prefer the original look. Mine is without the carbon blades on a pearl white body which is even cleaner and uncluttered. With the carbon or black side blades, it resembles the Audi R8. That’s why I rather keep it clean and classy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts