McLaren Life banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
2012 MP4-12C
9,746 Posts
Oh man guys thanks for giving me a little credit at least. I see Boxer is another student as myself that failed the Evelyn Woods speed reading course.;) Friend I listed the better link and even pestered Peloton to post an aerial view. How better could I set up the visuals for you guys. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
And thank you storm for getting the topic rolling too!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everybody! :)

I am new here and you probably know me as marko.urbac on FerrariChat.com. My name is Marko and I am a 32 years old car enthusiast from Croatia and the Royal Brunei collection is one of my all-time car-related interests. I must advise you that I never had any connections with Brunei what so ever. My knowledge comes from long researches over the Internet (Instagram for example is a good source for photos of new BRF purchases).

My first two posts here will be about locations: where the cars are kept and where the "lesser" car auctions are/were taking place.

Where are the cars kept?

I found a tiny aerial picture of the hangars where the cars are supposed to be kept within the Jerudong area, close to the Jerudong Park. In the aerial pic you can recognize that long J-shaped building and that strange building shaped like a rugby ball (I don't know how to describe it) which is clearly visible in that on-site old picture (marked with a YELLOW STAR). In Mike Sheehan's article the building marked with the RED STAR it is described as:

"Between the eight large buildings was a glass-walled showroom with three McLaren F1s, a 288 GTO Evo, an F50 and an F40 LM. The F40 LM was black with a black leather interior, red piping, air conditioning, and power windows. m[...] Underneath this building was a windowless theatre filled with rows of RHD F40s, 288 GTOs and other exotics."

If you look on Google Earth (search for Jerudong) you can zoom even more and you can see that the floor between the hangars matches with the floor in the old scanned picture. To be exact: two squares one in another.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where were/are the "lesser" car auctions taking place?

I found out that the cars sold at these auctions were ex-Amadeo cars* and that the auctions were taking place at "Bandtoo Sdn Bhd Rimba Depot" (GPS coordinates 4°56'54.8"N 114°53'41.8"E). Link to Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/NyVUVfsuHU52. This place is a 6.8 mile (11 km) drive from the facility in Jerudong where the main collection is kept. Follow this link to see the map: https://goo.gl/maps/3aC2tQWAzeu

On the link below you can find a nice story from a guy who, in 2010, bought a pristine-condition 1992 Porsche 928 GTS with ONLY 961 MILES on the odometer at one of those auctions. Even the tires were original from 1992! The belts were also original, all still wearing the Porsche name on them. Quoting: "According to their mechanic that takes care of the cars, the car was driven around the block almost 2-3 times every week.". The car was purchased during one of the (apparently) numerous "Royal" cars auctions in Jerudong.
http://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/543773-finally-got-a-porsche-928-a.html

The photos attached are from a 2012 auction. Note the pouring rain in the last two photos.

Have a look at this Instagram user @porsche_brunei (link below). There are a few pics from Porsche auctions, most probably cars from the Royal Family. Rows of Boxsters, 928's and 968's + lots of Mercedes Benz's and BMW's at the back. If you scroll down you will also find an old pic of a Porsche 959 at Jerudong, which is the place where the secret collection is stored.
https://www.instagram.com/porsche_brunei/

* Prince Jefri owned a network of companies and investment vehicles under the name Amadeo run by his son Hakim, which was used to buy the luxury goods company Asprey and build an amusement park and other projects in Brunei. In July 1998 the Amadeo group collapsed under US$10 billion in debt.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
basman007Prince Hakeem has a McLaren P1 - looks like it could be Amethyst Black. I don't know if the chassis number has been determined. Not aware of any others, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was more than one over there.
Judging by the video posted by brunei-er34.blogspot.com, on the 9th of April 2015, there was a black McLaren P1 cruising on the Jerudong Highway (coincidence?). Screenshot attached. Follow link below.
http://brunei-er34.blogspot.hr/2015/04/car-spotting-in-brunei-mclaren-p1.html

On May 1st, 2015 Instagram user @nuraimansyahmi spotted the same (?) McLaren P1. Pic attached. Follow the link below.
https://www.instagram.com/p/2I7N-6Nyl1/

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,194 Posts
Oh man guys thanks for giving me a little credit at least. I see Boxer is another student as myself that failed the Evelyn Woods speed reading course.;) Friend I listed the better link and even pestered Peloton to post an aerial view. How better could I set up the visuals for you guys. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield.
Very true, apologies.:|

Having also been to Brunei a few times, my net impression of the place was surreal and disjointed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
McLaren P1 @ Jerudong

Prince Hakeem has a McLaren P1 - looks like it could be Amethyst Black. I don't know if the chassis number has been determined. Not aware of any others, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was more than one over there.
On April 9th, 2015 the blog brunei-er34.blogspot.com posted a video of a black McLaren P1 cruising on the Jedudong Highway (screenshot attached). AGAIN JERUDONG, is it a coincidence? Follow link for details and video: http://brunei-er34.blogspot.com/2015/04/car-spotting-in-brunei-mclaren-p1.html

On May 1st, 2015 the Instagram user @nuraimansyahmi posted a photo of the same (?) McLaren P1 at an intersection somewhere in Brunei (undetermined location). Plates covered. Photo attached. Follow link to Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/2I7N-6Nyl1/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
And thank you storm for getting the topic rolling too!

I was joking. lol That fellow on Fchat waited until a bunch of guys asked for the intel before he provided additional info.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm not going to touch Amadeo.

Jefri withdrew billions of dollars from accounts. One billion for his sons 18th birthday as I recall. Along with the cars there were tens of thousands of Jefri's possessions that went to auction. I actually bought some artwork and assorted items including some original Bugatti furniture. Some of the items they miscataloged and didn't know what they had. Not sure maybe paperwork was missing. I also purchased three gold medallions which I had knowledge of because my grandfather had some in the collection. Gold medallions signed by Dali over a pound each in 22kt gold, I think over 500 grams. Only 25 ever made each one depicting a different artwork of his. I don't think they knew they were solid gold.

Well much of that map is better described elsewhere. There's a small zoo in there.

Many Mercedes were given to local officials and they had hundreds of cars so who knows what was a personal car or one of dozens needed for functions or whatever. Never shown is the Sultans cars and this area was not his garage. His cars are garaged in lower levels at his palace. There are also other garages of various royalty too.

Because of my knowledge of high speed cars and racing in general I was included in many conversations and activities when in Brunei. They were still an employer but I did get a chance to drive some of the cars and help educate some of the princes. Other than taking out a few F1's there I don't think I can add any useful intel. I know that I took certain notes of a lot of stuff including the cars but all that is still locked up in a safe place. My grandfather use to have a diary/logbook of meetings or events that took place each day and ever since I was a teenager I have done much the same. An IT expert developed a program and everything was transcribed and put into memory. It's amazing you enter a topic or an event/date and references are brought up. Problem is I kept separate books for Brunei work and that intel has never been transcribed and not sure I want it to be. Too much going on with all the models flying in and out, parties, you know what I'm getting at. I would say most of the content was security related and background checks for those I hired. The stuff I wrote down and observed maybe better left buried. I'm just waiting for the Sultan to do his Bill Clinton impersonation--" I did not have sex with that young woman"

BC

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

It has taken 17 months and bringing up the subject 3 times to get this thread started.

Along the way I had to derail countless threads, step on several toes, grind my fingers to the bone bringing you the latest threads on hyper cars(well maybe a slight paper cut), and had to swim shark infested waters into the enemy camp. Let's not forget in one thread I basically pulled down my drawers exposing history with Brunei some time ago. And during that time I broke my #1 golden rule about putting personal information in the public domain. Something strongly advised to former clients. So I've had to read countless posts on 3rd wheels and hairdressers which I guess is some sort of British humor so suffer this brand of humor.

The sons and nephews of the RBF are the ones more into the cars but it's a cultural thing always getting the new model. And I really don't enjoy being in their company. One reached out to me and I sort of know what kind of favor that he is going to ask me. So I'll ask him for something in return. I'm sure Peloton has told you about the McLaren PGTB, but what about the PGTB MK II?

Might have to let 6 months or more go by before I can bring that up again. I was just scanning the enemy camp thread and Citronella is one funny guy. He wanted more members to respond and then he would give a list of cars. I think that was him. Well anyway I won't do that but I'll just let some time go by.

I don't have proof but in my gut I believe one of the other Brunei F1's is already out of that country.

Feel like Rodney and I took time out on what is currently the most important day in my life.

No respect...:p

:p oh by the way I mentioned a few cars some time ago and those were a few that I pulled out of Brumei.

Until then

Ciao

BC

I know this is a very old thread, but does anyone have updated info or other stories on the RBF Cars?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts