McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having given up on finding any Corsa tyres, i have taken to tracking the car with the Pzeros. They seem to be holding up pretty well so far and they are very long lasting.

What are the ideal tyre temperatures for the track? I run them at 29 front and 31 rear HOT, but someone suggested that i should lower them down to mid twenties HOT.

Anyone have any suggestions or experience?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The Mclaren guys say leave them as is!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Really ? :eek: That would be against the laws of physics :rolleyes:

Every tire (street or semi) needs lowering of air pressure after some quick(er) laps on track.

Would be interrested in the correct HOT settings as well.
This is what was advised at Castle Coombe on a sunny warmish day. I was surprised but maybe the balance of the car impacts on tyre performance?

·
Registered
432 Posts
They kept them at 28 all around at the Pute Mclaren program I attended. That is 28 hot.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Minimum 4 pounds out each corner cold. 6 pounds out in front if you're aggressive... ends up working out to about 28 hot.

·
Registered
691 Posts
At Willow on a hot day, and without adjusting from the standard cold inflation pressures - we were seeing 40psi after just 5-6 laps (on Corsas). Ambient was about 100 degF. Everyone was adjusting down to 28-30 psi (hot). Tires get real skate-y at 40psi!

·
Registered
9 Posts
tire pressure

I made good experience at 29PSI/2.0 bar when warmed up (i.e. over 75C | 167F temp.). The car is very neutral in handling, so I keep same pressure on front and back.
And I have a grin on my face when thinking about the track, this thing is so cool and relaxed to drive on a track, my Porsche GT3 laptimes are pulverized:), I am only quicker in my formula cars on slicks... but I can only drive the Mac to the track...:cool:
Someone in the know on how to turn off the low pressure warning ? In particular when driving off with cooled down tyres in track setting, I get the "stop now or die" type of warning ;-)

·
Registered
218 Posts
this is good advice 28-30 hot. i left the tire pressure on the factory setting and after 3 laps the rear tires were at 36-38 and it threw a warning fault with instruction to stop the car.

now i can't wait to try the car out again on the track.

·
Registered
167 Posts
four corners at 28psi (hot) works for me

1 - 15 of 15 Posts