McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed none of the local Mclaren dealers are showing any lease specials. There were none in July and none this month.
Any reason they are no longer being offered? Dealer stock doesn't seem to be moving much, as most dealers have had the same inventory for the past 2 months.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ally financial is no longer the lender. I believe it will be (if it isn't already) Chase.

That said, have you tried to get lease quotes? What didd the dealers say?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information.

I haven’t ask for a quote as I’m waiting for things to settle down with Covid. I was hoping to possibly pull the trigger perhaps by the end of the year.

I guess Ally lost their shirt on the leases. I hope Chase’s programs are as good (or better) than Ally’s.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
477 Posts
Glad to hear it. I told a fellow at Ally that I would not work with them again ever period. What I had to go through just to just pay them was truly unbelievable. Hours on phone, hours on chat, moved through several levels of incompetence just to set up a payment account.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the information.

I haven’t ask for a quote as I’m waiting for things to settle down with Covid. I was hoping to possibly pull the trigger perhaps by the end of the year.

I guess Ally lost their shirt on the leases. I hope Chase’s programs are as good (or better) than Ally’s.

Lets hope so.

·
Registered
731 Posts
As ally is no longer a captive financing agent, it
Gives each dealer the ability to shop the market. I think this is a good thing for the
Consumer

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an active Ally lease and compared it the Chase terms. Chase is similar on rate/money factor, residual %, and mileage overages, but the initial fees are significantly higher: Acquisition fee- 1495, Doc Fee- 985, Turn in Fee 895. Compared to my Ally deal Chase's fees are double.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts