McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
My favorite hobby would be golf. If i am not traveling on business, i will golf very Sat. and Sunday. Was just at Ascona recently for a Pro Am and had Nick Watney on the same flight. Was an awesome experience golfing with the no 11 rank player in the world. He shot a 62, 2 eagles and a ton of birdies. McLaren should organize golf tournaments. I know Ron Dennis and Hamilton are avid golfers. We will also get a chance to meet up with fellow McLaren owners. Any golfers on this forum?

·
Registered
983 Posts
I scuba frequently in California. A place where you REALLY have to want to scuba to dive. Because it is COLD - warmest I've ever seen the water is 54F - typically around 46-48F, and lowest at 40F. But we do have local flora and fauna you'll never seen anywhere else!

Also just getting into karting - sorta slows down all other driving.

·
Administrator
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I scuba frequently in California. A place where you REALLY have to want to scuba to dive. Because it is COLD - warmest I've ever seen the water is 54F - typically around 46-48F, and lowest at 40F. But we do have local flora and fauna you'll never seen anywhere else!

Also just getting into karting - sorta slows down all other driving.
I learned to scuba dive off of Martha's Vineyard. You definitely had to want to dive to get into that water.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I like to get out and enjoy the fresh air at 20-25 mph for 20-80 miles at a time. :cool:

My bicycle is appropriately named too. ;)

Please note the sign - my life could depend upon it. :)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
skiing,cant get enough of the Mountains,they put life into perspective,used to skuba,but ended up thinking too much about the varying ways i could die!
Also trying to get back into golf but never seem to have the time,too much of a taxi service for a young family.

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
I learned to scuba dive off of Martha's Vineyard. You definitely had to want to dive to get into that water.
Whoa... :eek:

"You go in the water? Shark's in the water? Our shark? 'Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again'."

Ha, one of my fav' dialogs from "Jaws" (filmed off Martha's Vineyard)! :D

I'm also into SCUBA/diving (PADI/Open-Water certified), though I haven't been on a dive in few years... sigh! My aquatic-jaunts have been mainly tropics, not too much temperate. I'm hoping to get out to the South/Southeast Asian isles sometime in the future.

·
Administrator
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa... :eek:

"You go in the water? Shark's in the water? Our shark? 'Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again'."

Ha, one of my fav' dialogs from "Jaws" (filmed off Martha's Vineyard)! :D

I'm also into SCUBA/diving (PADI/Open-Water certified), though I haven't been on a dive in few years... sigh! My aquatic-jaunts have been mainly tropics, not too much temperate. I'm hoping to get out to the South/Southeast Asian isles sometime in the future.
I do remember when they were filming Jaws on the Vineyard. There were three mechanical sharks built for the film and they used to store them on a raft in the harbour when not being used.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I enjoy working on cars so I can race them and break them again.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I don't have a life, so this is my current hobby - fitting a 1961 Morris Minor Traveler onto the running gear from a 2002 Mazda MX-5. Should keep me busy for the next year or so. This kind of stuff is actually a great excuse to buy ridiculous tools - can't wait to try out my Makita carbide-tip chop saw that arrived yesterday!

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Big hobby is scuba diving - have to really want to dive, to dive regularly out here. Warmest it gets is mid-50s. But you do get to see some some stuff here that you won't find anywhere else in the world - on calm, clear days (few and far between), it really is awe inspiring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxlB6oZf0ek

Unfortunately, I brought my hobby home, and now have some massive aquariums, a 1700 gallon acrylic tank, and a 6000 gallon above ground pool-cum-aquarium. Both live in the garage, and have relegated the cars (and anything else I don't want to turn into a pile of rust) outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mByotv6t5qQ

Oh yeah, and I day-trade like a mad man. With a preference for more exotic derivative strategies.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts