McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in love with my 570S Spider and will NEVER sell it. She is my first super-car and there will always be a spot for her in my garage. That said, I'm looking to add my second toy and am unsure what to buy. I drove a 720S and was BLOWN AWAY by the car. It's insane and I love it, but the 600LT is a sweet ride too and I prefer the look of the 570/600 series over the 720. Would it be weird to have a 570 and 600 in the same garage? What about the GT? I've also always liked the 675LT but it's older tech and I'm unsure I want to go that direction (plus having a new car warranty would be great), even though I was leaning that way for a while. On a different note, it could be fun to add another brand, perhaps a 488 or Huracan? For those of you who bought your second supercar, what was it? Suggestions? I'm over 911's (been there, done that, not even in the same ballpark as McLaren).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
definitely would not get a 600. Too close to a 570. Huracan to hear that v10 sing isn't a bad option imo.

720 for the speed....

·
Registered
61 Posts
My buddy sold his huracon after driving my 650 he went right down to dimmit and bought 720 lol. I personally love the 675 the most for looks and performance but I’d take a 720 too. I’d pass on the 600.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You have to drive the cars and your favorite will likely be clear. Definitely drive a 675LT, a 720S, a 488 and a huracan. (FYI, I picked that order for a reason)

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
615 Posts
The 720 might grow on you. They carry a ”sense of ultimacy” yet are just plain easy to drive around.

Reactions: M500

·
Registered
2020 720 Spider
211 Posts
It really depends on preference...There are so many great cars out there new and used for $250k. The 720s is other worldly...a true all time great and you can’t go wrong. If you’re looking for something completely different...consider a 2019 manual transmission ZR1. It’s a beast!! I love mine. It’s a totally different experience than the 720s. Sound wise...consider the Huracan or an Audi V10. But if you want a true driver engagement ‘experience’ the Vette is pretty crazy. Whoever mentioned the F12...or any V12 Ferrari...great choice. A dying breed but oh sooo melodic to the ears!

Drive them and see what you like most...

·
Registered
43 Posts
What about a Lamborghini Aventador?
I have a 12C, and have been looking to upgrade. The problem I’m having is after having a super cars with doors that go up, you can’t go back LOL. The cars I’ve been looking at are 675LT future collectible and will 100% go up in value, a 720s, which still has room to depreciate, and last but not least, an Aventador. Let me know what you think, and good luck... 👍🏼

·
Registered
229 Posts
What about a Lamborghini Aventador?
I have a 12C, and have been looking to upgrade. The problem I’m having is after having a super cars with doors that go up, you can’t go back LOL. The cars I’ve been looking at are 675LT future collectible and will 100% go up in value, a 720s, which still has room to depreciate, and last but not least, an Aventador. Let me know what you think, and good luck... 👍🏼
720S’ have been going up in value as well

You really have to drive each of the cars to decide which is best suited for you.

675 vs 720: the 675 is more nimble, better steering, better throttle response, power feels like its more linear through the high end, rifle shot shifts, airbrake angle more impressive/aggressive. 720 feels more modern, cutting edge design ahead of its time, more refined, more rocket ship like midrange torque, feels hypercar like

Lambo, never been in an aventador but couldn’t fit in a Huracan so I dismissed the brand, aventador doesn’t have a dual clutch transmission and seems more for show than the performance levels of the McLarens

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
720S’ have been going up in value as well

You really have to drive each of the cars to decide which is best suited for you.

675 vs 720: the 675 is more nimble, better steering, better throttle response, power feels like its more linear through the high end, rifle shot shifts, airbrake angle more impressive/aggressive. 720 feels more modern, cutting edge design ahead of its time, more refined, more rocket ship like midrange torque, feels hypercar like

Lambo, never been in an aventador but couldn’t fit in a Huracan so I dismissed the brand, aventador doesn’t have a dual clutch transmission and seems more for show than the performance levels of the McLarens
Aventador feels big, not nimble, not race oriented

·
Owner
849 Posts
720 or 675

Reactions: M500

·
Registered
59 Posts
Je suis amoureux de mon 570S Spider et je ne le vendrai JAMAIS. C'est ma première super-voiture et il y aura toujours une place pour elle dans mon garage. Cela dit, je cherche à ajouter mon deuxième jouet et je ne sais pas quoi acheter. J'ai conduit une 720S et j'ai été époustouflé par la voiture. C'est fou et j'adore ça, mais le 600LT est aussi une conduite agréable et je préfère le look de la série 570/600 au 720. Serait-ce bizarre d'avoir un 570 et un 600 dans le même garage ? Et la GT ? J'ai aussi toujours aimé le 675LT mais c'est une technologie plus ancienne et je ne suis pas sûr de vouloir aller dans cette direction (en plus d'avoir une nouvelle garantie de voiture serait génial), même si je penchais dans cette direction pendant un certain temps. Sur une note différente, cela pourrait être amusant d'ajouter une autre marque, peut-être une 488 ou une Huracan ? Pour ceux d'entre vous qui ont acheté votre deuxième supercar, qu'est-ce que c'était ? Suggestions? J'ai plus de 911'

Merci !!
[/CITATI

Avant

Après

SPYDER PERFORMANT

:l'amour::l'amour:

V10 :l'amour:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in love with my 570S Spider and will NEVER sell it. She is my first super-car and there will always be a spot for her in my garage. That said, I'm looking to add my second toy and am unsure what to buy. I drove a 720S and was BLOWN AWAY by the car. It's insane and I love it, but the 600LT is a sweet ride too and I prefer the look of the 570/600 series over the 720. Would it be weird to have a 570 and 600 in the same garage? What about the GT? I've also always liked the 675LT but it's older tech and I'm unsure I want to go that direction (plus having a new car warranty would be great), even though I was leaning that way for a while. On a different note, it could be fun to add another brand, perhaps a 488 or Huracan? For those of you who bought your second supercar, what was it? Suggestions? I'm over 911's (been there, done that, not even in the same ballpark as McLaren).

Thanks!!
720S

·
Registered
2021 765LT
31 Posts
Aventador feels big, not nimble, not race oriented
I had an early Aventador and it’s a great GT car and very quick straight line. It is beautiful, comfortable and sounds great.. It’s forte is fast sweepers domt ask it to,do Esses cus it’s too heavy & ponderous. The brakes would be near failure after 2 hot laps. I had the Aventador & my 06 Ford GT @ PBIR. The Aventador was faster in straights but the GT just devoured it in Essex & braking.

now I have an SVJ which FAR superior to the original. Still looks & sounds great a lot more downforce & the brakes actually can handle the track. She still loves fast sweepers but now she can do esses to. I was testing an LMP3 race car at Homestead & had my SVJ there too. It blew my mind the SVJ was faster than the LMP3 thru turn 2-4. Amazing, the turned the Aventador into a race car that drives like a Lexus on the road.

having said that re SVJ and having recently taken delivery of my 765LT the LT will devour the SVJ easily just about everywhere. But the big V12 sounds so much better than the twin turbo V8 & SVJ is better grand tourer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts