McLaren Life banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,032 Posts
That's a good question. Do you want to preserve the warranty?

· Registered
5,032 Posts
I still have two 200 cell catalytic converters instead of the four that McLaren provides. I'm don't know why there is such a big concern, everyone of my pass and current cars has had the exhaust systems changed. That said I have never had any warranty or mechanical issues due to this type of modification. I sense a lot of paranoia concerning something that should have no affect on the mechanical reliability of this car. Why would allowing the car to breath better create any mechanical concerns. All I can say is, I love it and have no regrets what so ever. Cheers....??
Often remove the cats from my motorcycle exhausts. They always spin up better and are much more fun to ride........never had an engine problem and remember some bike rev to 15,000 rpm plus,

Occasionally the reduced backpressure make the exhaust pop on the over run.

· Registered
5,032 Posts
Originally Posted by extremeride22
Well I just heard my car today with the Fabspeed catted exhaust system. One word will tell you how I feel about the whole experience WOW. I'm truly impressed by the whole experience the sound, fit, finish and the look of the black quad tips. Bellissima as they say in Italian. On top of that I was provided with the latest software update V10.5, so all and all I'm extremely happy and impressed. Cheers.....??

Look, what's all this Italian malarkey...... bellissimo.......in Woking you would say 'chuffed', nuff said then.

Well no, it's an English car!:D

· Registered
5,032 Posts
When I was a kid we would drill holes in our exhausts ( Dremel is today's perfect tool) but I can't bring myself to do it on the Mac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.