McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been out for another blat and have had the car bottom a couple of times in sport mode. Once was quite hard! Where is it hitting and is it sacrificial?

Thanks

Andy M

·
Registered
964 Posts
There are air deflectors underneath the car, I think it's two at the front and two at the rear.
They are sacrificial bits of plastic.
I've now had 7 replaced in 10k miles.
Each time a bill of about £250.

I used to cringe when it first hit them but now not so much!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Happened for the first time on mine, and I shit myself thinking it was my new CF splitter, until I had a good look around and saw the scuffed air deflectors. Phew!

Keith.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Happened for the first time on mine, and I shit myself thinking it was my new CF splitter, until I had a good look around and saw the scuffed air deflectors. Phew!

Keith.
I had a similar experience and was surprised at the lack of any real damage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may buy a set to look at modifying by adding a Titanium section that contacts the road thus protecting the plastic. F1 style sparks will be awesome!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The fronts are rubbery and cheap, but I think the ones immediately ahead of the rear wheels are metal and more difficult to replace? I'm on my third set of front deflectors, I think they're designed to break away easily

·
Registered
964 Posts
There's rubbery ones at the front of the wheels/bottom of the bumper, then nearer to the wheels another set, which are the ones that your hear going over the speed bumps and bottoming out.
The rubber ones I've been quoted £71 for- never had one of those fitted as yet..
The others are a blade of hard plastic, which is slightly flexible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts