McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i begin to deepen my search into the 570s line, I am curious as I browse listings what I want to make sure the car has with respect to options. I have been really looking at nothing but Huracans for the past couple months, so for example I wouldn't buy a Huracan without the TEB and Forged option (transparent engine bay and forged carbon) or the front lift. A lot of the cheapest listings for an LP580 do not have the TEB and Forged and most buyers have that as a requirement, hence why those are cheapest and not selling.

So even if an option isn't really something essential to me, I want to consider resale/trade in down the line. Does the 570s have any such options that frankly are required when it comes to resale value?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm biased as I have a Track Pack equipped car (shameless plug, it's for sale) and I feel if you want a super car then you should spec it to it's most super config. The Carbon Fiber P1 race seats (touring width) are epic, the full Alcantra interior, carbon everywhere and the lighter wheels and standout Palladium roof and taller rear spoiler just make it feel…special..er. lol

Other than a nice spec, I'd say the upgraded B&W sound system is a MUST. It sounds INCREDIBLE! I mean, absolutely amazing. I used my front lift all the time at the beginning but now I rarely use it as I've learned the speed bumps aren't as tall as I once thought LOL.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Added:
I think an interior can really make or break a sale, for me at least, it's where YOU spend all your time. IE: Leather belongs in a 570GT, NOT in a 570S. I found some wonky interiors in my search before I bought mine and when I found mine I HAD to have it. I asked an inside friend at Woking (works on assembly) how many 2019 Track Packs were made worldwide. He said "No more than 50 coupes with Track Pack and only 3 in Mantis Green, the coupes are discontinued for 2020 and we are using up all the spider parts for current orders"

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics but you get the drift. To me, how a car makes YOU feel is more important than what it could be worth later. We have a limited time to live our life to the fullest. I for one know for a fact that I won't give a DAMN about money lost on a car when I'm on my death bed, only the memories I created while I owned it!

]

·
Registered
108 Posts
OP - this thread probably won't net you much useful information. The response, including mine, will be personal and thus maybe not applicable to your desires.

• I expect most to say the Front Lift is a must. I don't have one, even living in Los Angeles where there are many hard approaches, I don't find it's necessary. It also takes an eternity to lift the nose, somewhere north of 10 seconds, reducing its usefulness. Toss on some SlipLo guards and don't worry about it.
  • I expect most to say the B&O stereo upgrade. I don't have it, and although the difference in sound quality is clear (pun intended), I don't think it's necessary unless you're dailying your 570.
  • I expect most to say the sports exhaust, because the standard is very quiet. I really enjoy my sports exhaust. But if you plan to add an aftermarket system anyway, then you don't need it.
  • Personally, I can't do without the bucket seats. The just change the experience.
  • The upgraded paddles are nice, but there are now nice aftermarket options.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
1. The paddles
2. The paddles
3. The paddles.

The most important option on any McLaren is paddles. You use them all the time. You touch them more than practically anything else. The small ones suck bad. MSO ones are expensive, but worth it more than any other CF option on the car by a mile. You can buy nice aftermarket ones for less though and they are well worth it too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1. The paddles
2. The paddles
3. The paddles.

The most important option on any McLaren is paddles. You use them all the time. You touch them more than practically anything else. The small ones suck bad. MSO ones are expensive, but worth it more than any other CF option on the car by a mile. You can buy nice aftermarket ones for less though and they are well worth it too.
I am so ignorant, I don't even really know how to use paddles yet. Do you just downshift whenever you want to slow down (or pass someone with a burst of speed and step on accelerator) and upshift when accelerating when you hear the engine sound peaking, which I assume you have to learn the timing with each individual car?

·
Registered
166 Posts
After owning this car for 2yrs now I would say the following based on things that bother me...

• Lift is a must. It's slow to go up, but I think every low slung car with a large overhang needs a lift. Even more so if you plan to lower the car which it does need lowering. I think this belongs to security pack which includes the parking sensors and alarm.
  • Paddles. I'm the 2nd owner and previous owner didn't spec the longer paddles. It looks odd with the smaller paddles. The design of the paddles makes more sense to be longer than being short. The paddles in Audis and Porsches for example are short also but they look ok based on their design. The Mclaren paddles are slim so they look better being long. Also makes it easier to access especially if you need to shift if the steering wheel isn't at the centered position.
  • Alcantara steering wheel. I have the full leather one and while it's nice, alcantara has just so much more grip.
  • Sport exhaust if you don't plan to upgrade the exhaust at all. Coming from NA cars before this one, the 570s sounds way too quiet for an exotic car. This might only be with the performance pack.
  • Carbon Ceramic brakes if you don't plan to track the car. The carbon brakes are FANTASTIC with the added awesome bonus of having ZERO brake dust.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think an interior can really make or break a sale, for me at least, it's where YOU spend all your time. IE: Leather belongs in a 570GT, NOT in a 570S. I found some wonky interiors in my search before I bought mine and when I found mine I HAD to have it.
MaybeSomeday, don't listen to "Everyone needs a McLaren with Alcantara". Get what you want. Suggest you check out all of the options on seats, leather colors, stitching, etc. and choose for yourself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1. The paddles
2. The paddles
3. The paddles.

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure which version of the paddles my car has. It has most of the carbon fiber interior parts so were those included with the center console and switch pack?

Anyway, would someone be willing to measure the length of the bigger paddles and tell me how long they are so I can check my car? Obviously having a few more inches to grab would be helpful.

I'm guessing these are the larger paddles just by looking at them? Or maybe not?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i totally get the feedback about the paddles, but let’s just be clear since this is a thread about must-haves - there’s nothing wrong functionally with the standard paddles. They work perfectly fine in normal driving. But I do get that the MSO’s are a step up aesthetically and ergonomically.

also:

Obviously having a few more inches to grab would be helpful
TWSS 😄

·
Registered
65 Posts
1 - Nose lift
2 - Sports exhaust
3 - Drop top
*4- Aftermarket spoiler

I scrape in my driveway if I'm not paying attention with the lift ON. I can only imagine what it's like without one.
I also don't plan on upgrading the exhaust. Maybe sports cats down the road, but that's a big maybe.
SoCal + drop top = mandatory.
This is aftermarket for sure (unless you go the ridiculously priced MSO route) but a spoiler completes the look of the car. I simply can't imagine my car without the Novitec anymore. It looks naked!

I rarely listen to the radio in my car so the upgraded system is a moot point for me. I'm also terrified of getting alcantara dirty so the leather is a better option. That's just me being paranoid though. The CCB's are FANTASTIC, but like stated above only if you'll spend more time daily driving than track racing. Those things are EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - Nose lift
2 - Sports exhaust
3 - Drop top
*4- Aftermarket spoiler

I scrape in my driveway if I'm not paying attention with the lift ON. I can only imagine what it's like without one.
I also don't plan on upgrading the exhaust. Maybe sports cats down the road, but that's a big maybe.
SoCal + drop top = mandatory.
This is aftermarket for sure (unless you go the ridiculously priced MSO route) but a spoiler completes the look of the car. I simply can't imagine my car without the Novitec anymore. It looks naked!

I rarely listen to the radio in my car so the upgraded system is a moot point for me. I'm also terrified of getting alcantara dirty so the leather is a better option. That's just me being paranoid though. The CCB's are FANTASTIC, but like stated above only if you'll spend more time daily driving than track racing. Those things are EXPENSIVE.
What am I looking at in your avatar with the turquoise/teal looking glow? I love it

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's an aftermarket engine bay light. I can cycle the colors. Usually I keep it on red (it looks MEAN!) but I happened to snap that pic when I had it on green.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts