McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 12c out for about four hours of spirited driving driving on northern Baltimore County twisties today, and the car seems to get more impressive every time I drive it. I can't wait until some proper instruction and track time allow me further explore the car's capabilities. I've only taken the car out 5 times in the 6 weeks I've had her, but turned 925 on the odometer today:p:p:p:p. It seems to me that, on average, Macca owners actually drive their cars more than owners of other exotics. I cannot for the life of me, understand those who buy exotic cars and then don't put miles on 'em. (Note- I'm NOT referring to those who don't drive their vehicles due to other circumstances, i.e. they're swamped at work, primarily driving the kids back and forth to school and sports, etc. I'm specifically referring to those who don't drive em because they don't want to see too many miles on the clock.) Not hatin' on/judging, merely saying that I don't get it......
Save a warning light that told me that the trunk was not closed properly (when it was, although the issue seems to have since resolved itself), no issues so far......
Wishing I had gotten some more carbon fiber, anyone know if you can purchase CF engine bits and mirror stalks/casings from the factory a la carte?

Safe driving StM

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Took the 12c out for about four hours of spirited driving driving on northern Baltimore County twisties today, and the car seems to get more impressive every time I drive it. I can't wait until some proper instruction and track time allow me further explore the car's capabilities. I've only taken the car out 5 times in the 6 weeks I've had her, but turned 925 on the odometer today:p:p:p:p. It seems to me that, on average, Macca owners actually drive their cars more than owners of other exotics. I cannot for the life of me, understand those who buy exotic cars and then don't put miles on 'em. (Note- I'm NOT referring to those who don't drive their vehicles due to other circumstances, i.e. they're swamped at work, primarily driving the kids back and forth to school and sports, etc. I'm specifically referring to those who don't drive em because they don't want to see too many miles on the clock.) Not hatin' on/judging, merely saying that I don't get it......
Save a warning light that told me that the trunk was not closed properly (when it was, although the issue seems to have since resolved itself), no issues so far......
Wishing I had gotten some more carbon fiber, anyone know if you can purchase CF engine bits and mirror stalks/casings from the factory a la carte?

Safe driving StM
All of these CF items are available through your McLaren dealership, which in turn need to order with Woking. Cheers....??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts