McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
I鈥檓 just trying to justify waiting for a 570, which I have never driven, over getting a 12c now. If I know I will end up with a 570, then I should wait 馃.

Registered
What's the practical difference between the 570S and GT?
The biggest difference is the glass roof. I really like having that because it gives the car an open feel even in the middle of winter. I also think it makes the lines of the car look better. The difference in suspension and steering is very slight and that "extra" luggage space is questionable from a usefulness perspective. However, a GT is more likely to be optioned in a way preferable for someone that wants to actually drive it on the street. My GT was optioned that way, with steel brakes and the standard exhaust, and it makes it nice to drive all the time, despite questionable roads and plenty of traffic. Of course, that's before a virus lock-down.

To me, the S should be optioned with things like a track-pack and used that way, whereas the GT should be optioned for street use and used that way (I have something else for track).

Registered
Do you all think the below 570s is overpriced? If so, why? I need some facts for negotiating power if it is

Looks like a nice car in a great color with good equipment and low miles. The serial number makes it a later production model as it has the one piece dash display. Check to determine the balance of warranty, if any, and the service records. The annual physical runs around $2k. I would look for a fresh inspection and an extended factory warranty. This car has been for sale for a long time...don't be bashful. A pre-purchase inspection would be a good time to have a McLaren do the service and quote on extended warranty. Good luck.

Registered
Do you all think the below 570s is overpriced? If so, why? I need some facts for negotiating power if it is

Decent price. Not a steal, not overpaying. As Swift93 said, low miles + good spec.

If including 1 year of ECS ($5-6k), their asking price would be one of the better deals out there. Without it, I'd expect you could negotiate down to $142k. And if you're trading something in, you have more room to negotiate.

Registered
Decent price. Not a steal, not overpaying. As Swift93 said, low miles + good spec.

If including 1 year of ECS ($5-6k), their asking price would be one of the better deals out there. Without it, I'd expect you could negotiate down to $142k. And if you're trading something in, you have more room to negotiate.
No warranty. I told them I'd do my car plus $60k. They appraised my trade in for $72k (but the MMR for my car is $75k, so I am ignoring their offer and working off $75k). So my offer was effectively, from my perspective, $135,000. They said they'd like to make a deal but we are $13,800 apart on the money. No counter, so nothing left to do I supposed because I don't intend to negotiate against myself.

Registered
No warranty. I told them I'd do my car plus $60k. They appraised my trade in for $72k (but the MMR for my car is $75k, so I am ignoring their offer and working off $75k). So my offer was effectively, from my perspective, $135,000. They said they'd like to make a deal but we are $13,800 apart on the money. No counter, so nothing left to do I supposed because I don't intend to negotiate against myself.
That would be a ~7% reduction, where normally these cars trade for 2-4% less than their original asking price. Not that it can't be done, but it's definitely closer to their cost than a middleground.

Let them sit on their offer for a few days and see if they call you back to negotiate against themselves. This has always worked for me :).

Registered
I got a 17 if any interest. Just got back from mclaren.. 3800 miles.
You can also google to learn about it on adv1s site and the add ons it had before delivery.

Registered
Is that an unpopular color? I think it looks good but if there is no resale market for purple then I'll stay away
Not to point out the obvious
I like it, but it鈥檚 been for sale for how
Many days? Some colors just appeal to a very sexy croissant. I think this is one.

Registered
if anyone has a nice 570 s
for 110-112 hit me up
thx
In that price range you're likely left with poorly spec'd cars with 25k+ miles located in remote areas. Maybe even an accident in the history. Clean, low-spec'd examples around 15k miles appear to still be in the $120-135k range. Which is still incredible value for the money.

Registered
In that price range you're likely left with poorly spec'd cars with 25k+ miles located in remote areas. Maybe even an accident in the history. Clean, low-spec'd examples around 15k miles appear to still be in the $120-135k range. Which is still incredible value for the money.
maybe i'll get lucky over the next 30-60 days
if not i'll just keep my order for the mid engine C8 Vette (75K)
it's actually an amazing car and i'm not a vette person previously 馃
thx

21 - 40 of 45 Posts