McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this to the Northern California McLaren facebook page. I hop we can get some responses and participation.

Plan would be to do an overnight in September to either Mammoth or Fort Brag. Fun back roads, stops for pics, chat, and start building a McLaren Car Club group on the West Coast (northern) CA or region.

I will take care of all the logistics and planning for the event. I do a lot of these as a hobby so not my first rodeo.

One additional question is are none McLarens allowed? Was asked on FB group. I don't mind but I leave it to a group desc ion.

Post reply or PM me.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
sounds interesting, PM me or post details. I don't follow FB.

I've been watching your other drives (I'm in Tahoe) and they do seem to go very well just never worked for me timing wise.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds interesting, PM me or post details. I don't follow FB.

I've been watching your other drives (I'm in Tahoe) and they do seem to go very well just never worked for me timing wise.
I will post details here once I know we have enough people that will go. Mammoth is still a option if people wish. Post which one you like here and if there is anything specific you would like to see on the trip.

Trying to get us banded together here LOL

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mammoth we would start in Sacramento to get the "fun roads". For u could meet along the way or come on down.

Fort brag we start in Petaluma.

Coast is more scenic for sure. Mammoth is for the drivers. I can plan either.

Also family will be attending going direct in family car. Kid and wife no fit in tinny car lol

Any place else to get attention for this?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm interested, but not for the weekend of Sept 17 (COTA WEC race). For the Coast Route, something to consider is to meet in Rutherford. This would open up the option of adding the 128 to Skagg Springs Rd to HWY 1.

You should post this in the 570S/12C/650S/etc forums, as I'm sure few look at these "regional" sections (I hardly ever do).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skaggs is fun but last 1/4 to coast is a tad rough. I was thinking day 2 we loop to avenue of giants before turning home. We can do Biscomb road which is just like skaggs. Cost is really more social than driving. Mammoth is the drivers run. Either run I will have a balance of fun drive to socail.

Coast is the current top choice.
@nh4 would be mad at me if I posted to all models. Though no one cares what he thinks LOL. JK buddy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd be open to either option! I'd probably prefer the Northern Coast option, with the Sierra mountain run a very close second.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to make a new thread under lounge / general to get more eyes on as well as get McLaren SF involved.

September 24-25 work for most people? @Valentin that means 2 weekend in a row for you. Dates are best for me with wife having our second child who will be 2 months old.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I would actually vote for the Mammoth route. Including the drive from SoCal, the Northern Coast may be too much of a commitment for me.

Besides, I am planning on another California coast drive over the long Thanksgiving weekend this year. OC - Monterey - Mendocino - Napa Valley. Anyone is welcome to join, but I don't want to derail this thread.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would be up for either route if my car gets here by then... Was supposed to be late July then mid August and now they are saying September 12th delivery. Adding an extra week delay for the clear wrap that would make this its break in run :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless people chime in other wise. Based on the few replies we have, we are going Mammoth route. Start would be in Sacramento and end South new Yosemite would be how I would recommend we do it.

I will draft everything and then sent to MC SF to get them to send out as well.

Any place in Mammoth you guys prefer to stay? I know what I would go but that is not what 90% of the owners here would stay.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Posted the event
Arrrggghh. That is the one weekend I can't join in (going to Boulder, CO for my daughter's birthday). It looks like you've created a fantastic route, and the Devil's Postpile at the end as an add-on is a great trip itself! (Cheaper than going to the Giant's Causeway in Ireland, which is a similar basalt geologic formation).

·
Registered
204 Posts
where were you in the discussion LOL.
Although I had said I was interested, I didn't want to be the one defining the dates... someone said no to Sep 17, which was my preferred date, and you said that your schedule was best suited to the 24th, so given your new baby, it didn't seem like I should put the kibosh on that just for my purposes. I figured if it was that date, I'd just have to miss out, and that is how out works out. Oh well! Bad for me, but better for you (and since you were organizing it, who was I to tell you that the 24th was a "bad" date. Only bad for me...). Looks like a great trip. Sorry to miss out this time.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about another trip mid October? Maybe do HWY 1 to Hurst castle and over night in San Luis Obispo. Then take a fun drive back to the bay? I did this loop as part of the 500 Miglia series a few years back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts