McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of bringing up a now quiet controversy, I have some thoughts on the departed swipe based on my experience with my 2013 coupe. I have the button on the doors--briefly considered working MSO for the swipe, but dismissed it based on fear of issues.

The 2013 does swipe to lock. It works every time without fail. It is also pretty fun to do.

The buttons work well to open, but not perfectly. Sometimes it takes a few pushes. My guess is that sometimes the key does not get picked up by the sensors immediately. Usually the second push will get the job done. No big deal.

I wonder if the swipe issues were really key fob sensor issues. Just a theory. And the doors are cool enough on their own. But based on my use of the swipe to lock, I do wish I had it on my car.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I've got a '13 coupe, and so long as you depress the rubber button firmly, it opens every single time. Maybe you are not giving it enough pressure (because they do require a rather firm press).
:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Once I found out the fob would open both doors, I have never done the swipe ever.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Your a Swiper or your not a Swiper. Nothing in between.

I'm a Swiper. Adicted.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I never got the hang to upeen the doors by swiping. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I quite like the swipe I have to admit... useless when if it's raining obviously but otherwise....always use it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes, the swipe was unfairly blamed. Stand with your body between the key fob and the car and it occasionally doesn't work. Turn though 90 degrees and, hey presto, works first time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Any time I can run my hands over those curves... Definitely a swipe addict.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I know her so well now I don't even have to swipe,i know exactly where to touch her and its like a little bit of magic!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
The early adopter special.....The swipe!!! It rocks

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Swipers rejoice. Are you a Swiper snob?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not pleased with the button. Once I get in a bad habit as far as hand placement/pressure/ timing, no good. impatience I guess. At least it's hidden from gawkers, like the swipe.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am excited to swipe haha. Sounds super cool.
There is a Youtube.com video showing how it is done, and how to hold your hands. If your car is dirty, all you are doing is scratching your clear coat every time you do it. :mad: Stupid design.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's mclaren's intention to keep the cars clean at all times. The cleanest brand on the planet:). Not considering CO2 emmissions of course

·
Registered
289 Posts
Swipe is awesome. I dont have to see buttons anywhere on the body work... makes it look clean. Besides, it makes possible theft or opening doors that much more difficult for others...;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts