McLaren Life banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
What companies are doing aftermarket warranties on McLarens?
Here's one

·
Registered
45 Posts
I inquired - their 3 year coverage price quote is lower than the dealer’s 2 year coverage. They said they will work directly with any McLaren service for warranty claims and repair.
If this company can do what they promise, it looks like a very good alternative.

Anyone here has an experience with this company?

·
Owner
420 Posts
I just filled out their form. I hope my phone doesn't start blowing up and they just send an email with their quote.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I just filled out their form. I hope my phone doesn't start blowing up and they just send an email with their quote.
I got a few missed calls from them. Unfortunately, I had to talk to them to get prices. I now need to look at the fine print, and look into the company, but the prices seemed reasonable for my purposes (be protected for the big stuff).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I inquired - their 3 year coverage price quote is lower than the dealer’s 2 year coverage. They said they will work directly with any McLaren service for warranty claims and repair.
If this company can do what they promise, it looks like a very good alternative.

Anyone here has an experience with this company?
I currently have a 3-yr warranty through them. Had my car for about 9 months now and it's been flawless so haven't had to use the warranty. Like others have stated, I think several people have Third Party Warranties but unfortunately you never hear about anyone actually having to use them. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got a few missed calls from them. Unfortunately, I had to talk to them to get prices. I now need to look at the fine print, and look into the company, but the prices seemed reasonable for my purposes (be protected for the big stuff).
Do you mind sharing the prices?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Do you mind sharing the prices?
Sure, with the disclaimer that they're based on my car (2012 12C) and (potentially) state, etc. I have not looked into the company and policy wording yet.

This is what they offered (rounded and I haven't attempted to negotiate), with a $250 deductible:

1 year: $3200
2 years: $5200
3 years: $6300
4 years: $7600

They said that it can be continued year-by-year after the original term for the initial price divided by the number of years.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts