McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to buy your warranty extension from the country u reside in or can u purchase extension from dealers anywhere. Live in country with single dealer and they want $6450 for single year extension. Surely warranty delivered by UK so pricing should be equal across territories?

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,008 Posts
Good question. I don't know off hand. I would then a dealer from abroad would be able to tell you. You might just call an out of country dealer and ask.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mclaren says that warranty subject to specific country legislation etc but pricing should be within a 10% range but they don't dictate pricing so might vary.

·
Recent Convert
836 Posts
Doubt it
Price 2 years it comes down a bit (per year)
UK is £3,980 for 12 month and £7,590 for 2 years

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking to see if I can find alternative warranty extensions at more reasonable rates. I know it might not be as good as Mclaren warranty but in the end it is a financial instrument not a guarantee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking to see if I can find alternative warranty extensions at more reasonable rates. I know it might not be as good as Mclaren warranty but in the end it is a financial instrument not a guarantee
Can't find after market warranty that will cover the value required. So options are pay up or take chance

·
Registered
118 Posts
Rather than start a new thread.....

Let's say you buy a used Mac and it IS STILL under the 3-year factory warranty but it will expire in, let's say, 60 days.....does the car have to be inspected by a Mac dealer BEFORE they allow you to buy the ESC? If not, is there a certain time frame as to how soon before the factory warranty expires OR so many days after it expires where you can buy the ESC?

(Hopefully that made sense:D)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Rather than start a new thread.....

Let's say you buy a used Mac and it IS STILL under the 3-year factory warranty but it will expire in, let's say, 60 days.....does the car have to be inspected by a Mac dealer BEFORE they allow you to buy the ESC? If not, is there a certain time frame as to how soon before the factory warranty expires OR so many days after it expires where you can buy the ESC?

(Hopefully that made sense:D)
no there is no specific inspection for adding warranty if you still have factor warranty
generally there is no additional inspection if you buy warranty during annual service which in theory its just before the manufacture warranty expires (or they might gouge and add the "inspection" cost to the warranty but it should not be)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Firstkill
McLaren Life
McLaren Life is the best McLaren forum to discuss reliability, problems & more for supercar models like the F1, P1, 570, 650, 12C, and 720S!
Full Forum Listing