McLaren Life banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mine gave out just days after my warranty expired. They are clearly defective but McLaren hides from their design mistakes due, no doubt, to their financial distress. I guess this is one of the prices we pay for owning an exotic British marque.
the worst part is you will have to wait a LOOOOONG time for it. My car is lowered and because they blamed my lowering spring which was put on a year ago and denied my warranty for their faulty part. what a shame

how long do you have to wait for yours?

·
Registered
217 Posts
It’s been pretty fast, for a McLaren that is! About two weeks. Fortunately few people own a McLaren as their principal car. It’s almost always a toy

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,702 Posts
The good news is that once you buy the parts, they are covered for 2 yrs under the parts warranty. So if they fail again within 2 yrs, they are free. I hope the labor is covered too since that seems to be the most expensive thing

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The good news is that once you buy the parts, they are covered for 2 yrs under the parts warranty. So if they fail again within 2 yrs, they are free. I hope the labor is covered too since that seems to be the most expensive thing
the question is if they denied your warranty because of lowering spring under warranty, they sure as hell will deny your part and labor warranty even if you pay it out of pocket...

·
2012 12C Coupe - VR
1,702 Posts
the question is if they denied your warranty because of lowering spring under warranty, they sure as hell will deny your part and labor warranty even if you pay it out of pocket...
Probably true unfortunately

·
Registered
844 Posts
@mocha. what happened to you? your prose and acceptance of mclaren's failures were much more harmonious a while back ( IE:key fob issue for example) :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
@mocha. what happened to you? your prose and acceptance of mclaren's failures were much more harmonious a while back ( IE:key fob issue for example) :)
Hah! I harmoniously accept McLaren’s idiosyncrasies. I shrink at the repair bills but chalk those up to my willingness to trade off cash and poor reliability for breathtaking performance. If my Mac were my daily driver I’d be spending a lot of time walking!

·
Registered
844 Posts
If anyone is familiar with the MB ABC system they have accumulators that always fail, only difference is that they are way cheaper.
I am sure most of you all would not complain if they cost less than $200 per unit.
somewhat true but macs still need a run to the dealer for bleeding. there is way to do it at home by building your own bleed setup if mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is a great read on the issue. I do not think Mclaren has any design fault on the accumulators or their suppliers, the problem might lay elsewhere. One I'm inclined is either temp or a small leak in dampers and or system.

·
Owner
627 Posts
This makes me happy I have springs, dampers and anti roll bars!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts