McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey McLaren Life,

We wanted McLaren Life to have the first look of all 90+ photos of a Volcano Orange 12C High Sport we have available. This particular High Sport is #3 of 10. We'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

View the rest of the photos here.

View this 12C High Sport's listing here.​

·
Registered
907 Posts
wow, incredible car.... no confirmation on how much power they have??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks awesome. This could be the 458 Speciale competitor!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Looks awesome. This could be the 458 Speciale competitor!
The upgraded current 12C is more than a match for the Speciale' in a straight line. Will have to see what happens on a track. Speciale' will have a tire / grip advantage though, so a fair test will need to have both cars on "R" compound tires.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The HS' wear Corsas which have a treadwear rating of 60.

I'd rather see McLaren offering their cars with Michelins, but clearly they are closely aligned with their Formula One technical partner when it comes to tires.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Is it me or does this look like a strange bit of tacked-on CF. The whole turning vane should be CF.

I think they were looking for another area or part of the car to put the company logo on. Honestly though it's not my cup of tea I love CF but that doesn't turn my crank, love the rest of the car??. Cheers.....??

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Every additional part was tested to be functional - these scoops capture more air for cooling. The dive planes on the front bumper made a noticeable difference with front end grip. Not sure if this one has it, but HS #01 has a more aggressive rear wing profile - almost a wickerbill effect the way it turns up at the back.

While their visual appeal is up for debate these are not off the shelf cosmetic add-ons from Halfords or AutoZone -- this is McLaren (freaking) Special Operations we are talking about. ;)

>8^)
ER

1 - 15 of 15 Posts