McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the website that I can use to look up VINS based on License Plate? Dealers in Europe do not post vins, only plates so can someone help me with a place to decode these?

This is for the database tracking.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I don't think there's public access to that. The police departments have that data base and the DMV certainly has it, but I don't believe it's routinely accessible.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I see. I was under the impression that you wanted to be able to track VINs via license plates. VINs are very easy to find here. Really like the data base of cars produced that you've put together. I'm unable to figure out how to get specific #s of vehicles for different years, options, etc. Is there a means for doing that?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in CA - Sacramento FYI.

What the database is for and why we do short vin and no personal data.
1) The database idea was to see how many MC models are made as we can't get that info
2) Year start and end. Example 2013 the 12C had the button installed, so if we know the vin change for that, someone might want to know they are the first.
3) Last of VIN of the model line
4) Cars that are totaled and or salvage. More that die the rear your car becomes.

Because EU, OZ, Asia and other places do not post VIN, you have to look it up via a plate if listed. Hence asking for help to find VINS outside NA. Be nice have some.

See sig for database as it is now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts