McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car has far exceeded my expectations, it's amazing how smooth, powerful and balanced the car is. It's crazy that this car can be this quick and fast without AWD.

I put some Toyo R888 tires (similar specs to the Pirelli Corsa that can be optioned from the factory but a lot less $$) on and ran 10.37 @ 134.97 MPH last night at PBIR without even heating them up. I think the car without question can do the same times on Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires as the 60' really isn't that great and the car doesn't come out that hard from the 3k RPM launch control setup.

0-60 MPH, 2.7 seconds, 0-100 MPH, 5.8 seconds.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mclaren-MP4-12C-Timeslip-25329.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJ9ItB7zPI

Working on some McLaren vs ZR1 videos now... guess what happens??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Keep em coming !!! Everyone will swear blind its chipped ,are you just using launch and auto ??:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Fiske are you in "A" ??
Watch the 2nd video, must be in Auto since he is not shifting with his right hand. ;)

I am assuming you are running stock sizes in front, but 315/30 20's in the rear? Looked up the Toyo's on Tirerack.com and that was the closest to the stock rears.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, I went with the 315/30/20's.... the Pirelli's that were on my car were flat spotted for sitting so long, so wanted new tires... for the drag strip I don't think you need the R888's, but for the street they help a lot over regular tires....

I was able to launch the car on the street and pull off a 0-60 MPH in 2.9 seconds.... when in Launch mod the car shifts for you....

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sweet - my pre-update car ran 131 MPH with much more wheelspin and 91 octane, so it's easy to believe you're getting to 135. Your launch was really quick as well, although as you say it's softer than the car is capable of.

Keep those videos coming!

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
These are factory tunes on factory-spec tires, correct? :eek:

With that said, this thread right here is what should be enough to preserve & maintain 12C residuals.

An out-of-the-box 10second car that can be a daily-driver w/ Rolls comfort, yet hyper-car visceral experience, and Formula One pedigree. Lots been made of the resale/etc. Don't be surprised if prices creep up, after a nadir. Aside from the positively euphoric & enthusiastic affirmation "It's a friggin' McLaren, man!" the turn-key performance is second-to-none... :cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts