McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
That is low mileage. Must have been purchased in at £126k???

Very damaging to new car sales. Destroys the price point imop. Demand is weak at the moment, I have just secured large % discounts on two German vehicles and one , a Golf, recently launched.

We need the Chinese to soak up demand. On a two week stay in Shanghai I saw a new Aston being shipped almost everyday. The 12c would be a hoot on their pristine F1 track.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That looks like a very basic spec car, was probably £170k ish new? So has dropped £30k over maybe 14-15 months, not good but isn't that bad either in the current climate?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Depends on the options. Prices here are pretty firm for high MSRP cars with under 2k miles. I watch the market daily.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah the car market up here for exotics seems to be pretty good. The F cars seem to hold a higher value then the Mac's but they are not far off, which are effected by options. The other thing that's great is the fact that the market place up here is not over saturated,I truly hope it stays the way. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
208 Posts
I do think if Mclaren are serious about building a brand and keeping customers long term then they really need to step in and prop the used market up here in the UK. The residuals are very poor with Main Dealers doing little to help, advertising multiple cars in group. Ferrari have had years at managing their used market and this helps residuals, when I come to spending £200K again I don't think it will Mclaren despite being the better car, money is hard earnt these days and can't justify the drop.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I do think if Mclaren are serious about building a brand and keeping customers long term then they really need to step in and prop the used market up here in the UK. The residuals are very poor with Main Dealers doing little to help, advertising multiple cars in group. Ferrari have had years at managing their used market and this helps residuals, when I come to spending £200K again I don't think it will Mclaren despite being the better car, money is hard earnt these days and can't justify the drop.
With less coupes being made this year I believe the depreciation will slow. Will see by end of summer what happens.

·
Registered
208 Posts
With less coupes being made this year I believe the depreciation will slow. Will see by end of summer what happens.
I hope you are right, but I do think it is to little to late, the damage is done. Lotus took a similar bashing with the Esprit and the only buyers of V8's were Lotus Directors themselves as the private buyer knew they would loose £20K straight out the showroom.

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just dont understand how they are selling Spyders....?? Surely the buyers can see whats happening to the Coupe. At least those of us who bought at the begining can console ourselves with the fact that there wasnt a used market to draw conclusions from.....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
$60k off MSRP here for a car with 2000-ish miles, but I don't care, I'm in this for the long haul.

·
Owner
893 Posts
$60k off MSRP here for a car with 2000-ish miles, but I don't care, I'm in this for the long haul.
It's no different than the one year depreciation on a similar mileage (2900 miles) Lamborghini LP560/4 .... list was $264k ...... buy it now price is $204k .
That's kind of what happens the first day you drive it off the dealership's lot.:p

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It's no different than the one year depreciation on a similar mileage (2900 miles) Lamborghini LP560/4 .... list was $264k ...... buy it now price is $204k .
That's kind of what happens the first day you drive it off the dealership's lot.:p
You can get new Lambo Gallardos for 30k off sticker easy.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You can get new Lambo Gallardos for 30k off sticker easy.
That makes a lot of sense, for several reasons for one the model is due for a complete change. As well I can't say that the latest iteration of the Gallardo is up to snuff, I have a feeling there into pyramid power with that front end. Ugly and way to freaking busy, that's only my opinion. I would not want to own one even at a discounted price of $30k off. Cheers....??

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't think they have dropped at all for a while. The lowest price has been 140k and this is just a fiver less. There are not many low priced ones advertised now. 30k drop on new would be good after 2 years, really.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm beginning to think that everyone here except for texas mongrel and extremeride22 are used car dealers driving around their 12c inventory and cannot wait to get liquid. I've traded out of cars because I didn't like them or I wanted an obvious upgrade. The 12c, however, is a keeper.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I'm beginning to think that everyone here except for texas mongrel and extremeride22 are used car dealers driving around their 12c inventory and cannot wait to get liquid. I've traded out of cars because I didn't like them or I wanted an obvious upgrade. The 12c, however, is a keeper.
What about me!!:D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Andy, you won't keep it, As soon as the Jenson edition is launched with even more go go you will trade faster than a TVR owner!

Of course if your wife gets a P1 then I reserve my position:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy, you won't keep it, As soon as the Jenson edition is launched with even more go go you will trade faster than a TVR owner!

Of course if your wife gets a P1 then I reserve my position:rolleyes::D
She,s still on the fence RIC,no amount of washing up has persueded her yet !!:D
And you know my 12 is a keeper.at least untill the P14 arrives:)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Here in france, the average price (or the right price) is around 190 k€ , but i think to find a buyer a this price it would be a bit difficult.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts