McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car back yesterday and have found the new electronics with multiple "bugs". The bluetooth connected once, then disconnected and became unresponsive. The radio also froze. My nav lost me and couldn't find me for 30 minutes. It may be time for V10.1. Any similar problems??
On the good side... That new blip is awesome. I feel like a kid in a new toy, downshifting for no apparent reason. Also, got my sound induction to normal in all settings... Much better.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine is v10.2 (I'm told), no issues with BT, or anything else for that matter.

Update: well two minor things in v10.x that worked previously:
1. Last tuned radio station not set after using USB player.
2. Some previously displayed album art not being displayed by media player (re-saving the art fixed the issue).

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Since the upgrade, several times IRIS has decided to completely shut down while I was driving. No touch interaction at that point in time, sometimes even no music, the screen just went black.

Resetting the system by pressing the home button for 5 sec. did not help, it only came back after locking the car for 20 sec. and then unlocking and starting again.

Also had a few freezes while searching the music library or operating the sat nav. A reset helped here.

From time to time, the radio has no sound, regardless of volume or mute.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Same issues I'm having...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm having some similar issues since upgrading at end of November (and getting my 1 year service). For the most part, 10 is an awesome upgrade! I love the throttle blips and the gear shifts feel MUCH better than the prior version (mine was 8.3, I believe). They don't feel so mushy when upshifting, which was my biggest complaint for the prior update. Nav is pretty nice once you figure it out. The issues I've had are:

- Multiple (four so far) lockups of the audio portion of Iris at start up. No radio, iPod, etc, Sometimes the Nav still functions, though. Radio and iPod are non responsive. Other times the screen does not repond to any button presses. Almost every time this has coincided with me removing my iPod when returning home and plugging it back in before leaving. Might be entirely coincidental as it doesn't seem to happen every time, after testing that theory.
- One reboot of Iris while driving. A little disconcerting, but at least the car kept going! :)
- While the car warms up (from a "bone-chilling" southern California 40 degrees F :) ) the radio and iPod audio snap, crackle and pop significantly. The problem decays over time until it is only a mild, occassional crackling after about 15 minutes. Subtle drop out of audio still occurs. I was having this problem a little before the upgrade and I resampled all of my iTunes music with a lossless compression. That improved the audio a little, but dropouts still occurred. I was hoping the update would fix it, but since then it has increased significantly.
- About 25 to 30% of the time when the car is cold and I just start to pull away (forward or reverse), the parking brake will unexpectedly reengage for no reason and the car will jolt to a stop. This only occurs within a few minutes of the car starting up (not after it has been moving for a minute or twos) but sometimes it happens many times. At one point after 5 attempts to move the car and jolting to a stop I thought it just wasn't going to go, but eventually it did.
- Got one random "Tire Monitoring Fault. Call McLaren Service Center." warning. Hasn't occurred since then.

Overall I like the update, but after a track day next weekend I'm going to bring it in to see if there are unrelated and/or fixable issues at play. It's very difficult to give it up while it's in the shop, though! 6100 miles and counting....

John

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm having some similar issues since upgrading at end of November (and getting my 1 year service). For the most part, 10 is an awesome upgrade! I love the throttle blips and the gear shifts feel MUCH better than the prior version (mine was 8.3, I believe). They don't feel so mushy when upshifting, which was my biggest complaint for the prior update. Nav is pretty nice once you figure it out. The issues I've had are:

- Multiple (four so far) lockups of the audio portion of Iris at start up. No radio, iPod, etc, Sometimes the Nav still functions, though. Radio and iPod are non responsive. Other times the screen does not repond to any button presses. Almost every time this has coincided with me removing my iPod when returning home and plugging it back in before leaving. Might be entirely coincidental as it doesn't seem to happen every time, after testing that theory.
- One reboot of Iris while driving. A little disconcerting, but at least the car kept going! :)
- While the car warms up (from a "bone-chilling" southern California 40 degrees F :) ) the radio and iPod audio snap, crackle and pop significantly. The problem decays over time until it is only a mild, occassional crackling after about 15 minutes. Subtle drop out of audio still occurs. I was having this problem a little before the upgrade and I resampled all of my iTunes music with a lossless compression. That improved the audio a little, but dropouts still occurred. I was hoping the update would fix it, but since then it has increased significantly.
- About 25 to 30% of the time when the car is cold and I just start to pull away (forward or reverse), the parking brake will unexpectedly reengage for no reason and the car will jolt to a stop. This only occurs within a few minutes of the car starting up (not after it has been moving for a minute or twos) but sometimes it happens many times. At one point after 5 attempts to move the car and jolting to a stop I thought it just wasn't going to go, but eventually it did.
- Got one random "Tire Monitoring Fault. Call McLaren Service Center." warning. Hasn't occurred since then.

Overall I like the update, but after a track day next weekend I'm going to bring it in to see if there are unrelated and/or fixable issues at play. It's very difficult to give it up while it's in the shop, though! 6100 miles and counting....

John
I had the park brake thing happen and just thought it was me going mad

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Had this a few times as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My park brake always switches on as I reverse away from my garage at start up.

It happens once then seems to behave.

I always thought it was caused by a cautious throttle as I maneuver the car in a tight garage space.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bluetooth is working very well.

The sat nav does get "lost" occasionally, always in the same place ..... shows me driving through the 18th fairway of a golf course rather than down the highway that runs parallel (but approx 0.5 km to the side).

The Tyre Monitoring Fault is a regular one, I now just check the temps/pressures and then ignore it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have also had the parking brake problem while reversing out of the garage. Has only happened once, so I didn't think much of it, but I haven't driven the car much since v10 either (unfortunately). I've also had the IRIS shutdown issue while driving, both times when an incoming call was happening. Dealer said this has been reported by several owners and mothership is aware.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Speak of the devil, I just had the park brake issue today. It's either a ver10 issue or related to the cold spell (got down to 50F today).

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had a few minor niggles with the Radio going from the station I set to another obscure station. Other than that IRIS is fine. One weird thing was, I had driven the car in a while, and the A/C was blowing warm. After a while of driving though, everything seemed to work. I love the V10 upgrades though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had a few minor niggles with the Radio going from the station I set to another obscure station. Other than that IRIS is fine. One weird thing was, I had driven the car in a while, and the A/C was blowing warm. After a while of driving though, everything seemed to work. I love the V10 upgrades though.
I feel the AC isn't a cold as it was pre-10. I'd like to know if there's a way to force a recalibrate. The manual mentions something about the AC displaying CAL, but no way to force it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I feel the AC isn't a cold as it was pre-10. I'd like to know if there's a way to force a recalibrate. The manual mentions something about the AC displaying CAL, but no way to force it.
I don't remember if it were upgrade 9 or 10 but the AC is definitely not as cold or ferocious as it used to be. I now typically have a set point 10 deg C lower than I used to and the air flow is still not as cold as it used to be. It is a lot quieter though. It briefly showed CAL the day it was redelivered post upgrade 10.

On a separate note, IRIS crashed today. No phone, no iPod detected and radio not working. Surprisingly, the sat nav continued to work. All now back to normal after a restart. Isn't that the universal answer to fix everything, turn it off and then on again?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I only wish I could add to this thread, but my dealer is now entering its third week of having my car for its upgrade with no end in sight ("maybe it will be ready next week"). They claim waiting on parts, but I thought McLaren's philosophy was to always keep one of everything in stock? Not happy!

·
Registered
625 Posts
AC never worked nice on my car, even with v10.. sometimes too hot, sometimes too cold...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts