McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door striker plate hardware was changed for Mk 2 items during the upgrade. The doors now close with a gentle pull/push, almost soft close! Tennis elbow now banished and replaced by rsi ( repetitive strain injury):D

Seriously, a good upgrade and well done Mclaren.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i have not noticed any improvement with the doors with V10 but I have noticed the car seems to have more engine braking when pushing on hard and step off throttle

·
Owner
544 Posts
I too havent noticed any difference with doors. I was expecting the sound inside to be louder somehow.....also the downshift blip isnt anywhere near as loud as on my R8 V8....:(

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My doors, on delivery, were very hard to close. Slamming was 30% successful but now shuts every time with little effort.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I can't see how a software upgrade could effect the performance of the door. They only way the doors performance can be improved on is by bringing the car in and having them physically adjust the door. Cheers....??

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I can't see how a software upgrade could effect the performance of the door. They only way the doors performance can be improved on is by bringing the car in and having them physically adjust the door. Cheers....����
The V10 upgrade includes hardware changes.

Honestly, I'm dissapointed by the lack of improvement regarding the doors. How comes, that it has become so much better on RIC's car but not on others ? As we all know, the V10 upgrade packages are VIN specific so I truely expected them to fix the door problem on my car.

For sure, the car is superb, but I find it more than embarrassing to go round the car and slam the passenger door because any passenger dares to slam it that hard to get it locked properly :rolleyes:

So IMHO it's a unsolvable problem with the build quality (of earlier cars?) or the V10 upgrade has not been carried out properly/completely by the dealer(s).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
314 Posts
I can't see how a software upgrade could effect the performance of the door. They only way the doors performance can be improved on is by bringing the car in and having them physically adjust the door. Cheers....??
Duh. They replaced the latches as part of the update. FYI, the latches contain switches. No effect on closing effort.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The London dealer does seem to understand what the adjustment needs to be but the latest mechanism change has transformed the doors from bloody awkward to acceptable and easy.

So I suspect there is a know how element to the 'fix'.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Duh. They replaced the latches as part of the update. FYI, the latches contain switches. No effect on closing effort.
Duh back... I'm just stating a fact that it is not just a simple software update, as well every scenario probably requires a slightly different fix. That said I can see someone is either lacking in maturity or just thinks he is to smart, not... which is dignified in the way you start your quote. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
It seems the locks were replaced for more robust items,as for the closing ,that was a slight ajustment of the strike plate,seemingly more succesful on some cars maybe this time due to the skill and empathy of the mechanic ???

Oh,mine are better but not as good as ric,s !!

·
Registered
356 Posts
On my way to drop the car at the dealer for V10 upgrade, I had a Driver Door failure message of some kind flash across the screen and then the window dropped down as if I had opened the door - this at 75 mph on the freeway! Fortunately, the door was still latched.

After relaying this to the service manager, he told me that a door latch upgrade was part of the v10 campaign, since the sensors were failing in some cars. All better now, but no change in ease of closing the doors.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I think we're all bright enough to fugue out the obvious. Cheers...??
Yes I really thing you need the baby formula, as well you should learn how to spell and maybe reread what you write. As a matter of fact try and understand what is being stated in a quote / posting instead of bring a smart a... Now if I was as bright as you think you are, I would throw in the snide remark you used to set this whole thing off, but I will not lower myself to your standards. BA Cheers....??... No beers for you due to your lack of maturity.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The mechanism has been replaced with a Mk 2 version. The fact that it occurred with V10 upgrade may be coincidental.

However, whatever hardware is fitted, there is know how in hanging and adjusting doors.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Thanks. So I hope we all get MK2 at some point in time :)
ive had the mark 2 locks and the ajustment to the doors,but as i said before it must be down to each car as mine still need a small slam,certainly not soft touch,but i think they might need constantly ajusting as they were better to start with and seem to get harder over time,maybe its me,but i am an anorak about these things :D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ive had the mark 2 locks and the ajustment to the doors,but as i said before it must be down to each car as mine still need a small slam,certainly not soft touch,but i think they might need constantly ajusting as they were better to start with and seem to get harder over time,maybe its me,but i am an anorak about these things :D
Andy, the ageing process works for the cars and drivers. I get softer over time despite constant exercise.

I would say the doors are now easy to close with a gentle but firm nudge.......pretty good and no longer shaking the internal heater control electronics to bits.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts