McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since V10 has been installed the car information screen defaults quickly back to the Home screen. I like to have the tyre temp info displayed when first setting off until decent temps are reached. Here in the UK it takes a few miles for the tyres to reach 30c......ambient is around 0 to 7c at the moment.

Anybody know how to stop the default back to the Home screen?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I am pretty certain there is a setting somewhere on one of the vehicle settings pages that controls how long before the screen defaults to the homepage, can't remember the exact one unfortunately.. The platform 10 uprade seems to have reset the settings to the factory default so you just need to change that back to your prior setting I reckon..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Since V10 has been installed the car information screen defaults quickly back to the Home screen. I like to have the tyre temp info displayed when first setting off until decent temps are reached. Here in the UK it takes a few miles for the tyres to reach 30c......ambient is around 0 to 7c at the moment.

Anybody know how to stop the default back to the Home screen?
Its pretty simple...go to the settings menue and display settings will be your first choice, click on that and the 3rd down is your home screen settings and one of the settings is OFF.

McLaren certainly listened to us all with the V10, especially ING settings...the power and respsone is not bad too :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
McBeast, thanks, you must be a teenager!

·
Registered
58 Posts
McBeast, thanks, you must be a teenager!
LOL, only if 47 yo counts as teenager. How are you enjoying your new version 10 software And what it does to the car?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, distant memories.............V10 has really added more fun when driving, no doubt in my old mind. Dynamically the car gets better. Nothing else come close but when it does it will be a wrenching experience.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, distant memories.............V10 has really added more fun when driving, no doubt in my old mind. Dynamically the car gets better. Nothing else come close but when it does it will be a wrenching experience.
Although I have not been able to push the car much after I got my V10 upgrade (its been raining in So Cal so we stop everything we do here when that happens ;)) I did notice right away a wild side to the car that was not there before. I think that is what some of the "experts" were complaining about when they compared the 12C to the 458...the wild fun factor was missing...well, I think its definitely back with V10. I'd be curious to see if any of the "experts" did a comparison between the V10 car and 458 lately.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I do find the car info screen and changes thereon much easier to use. Formerly I just could not get into the menu at all, now it is easy to do a quick change of engine noise levels for instance. Huge improvement there to my mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts