McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody noticed there is battery drain since V10 whilst the car is garaged? ( I'm sure it drains out of the garage as well)

Wonder if all the Bluetooth/satnav etc stays on?

Definitely changed or the battery is dying.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Anybody noticed there is battery drain since V10 whilst the car is garaged? ( I'm sure it drains out of the garage as well)

Wonder if all the Bluetooth/satnav etc stays on?

Definitely changed or the battery is dying.
Just been out for a spin RIC,i went away on the 21st and in the rush for the snow i forgot to plug her in,still sat at over 90% !!!???

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Andy, went out today in glorious sunshine and battery at 85% after one week parked up, never less than 95% before V10 but I could be wrong........if it didn't indicate % charge I wouldn't be concerned would I ???

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Mine got down to 65%. It never happened before.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've seen no diff since in battery level since getting v10 a few weeks ago. Are you holding the start/stop button in for a couple of seconds when you shut down? Are you locking the car after shutdown? I do both to make sure that my battery doesn't run down.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've seen no diff since in battery level since getting v10 a few weeks ago. Are you holding the start/stop button in for a couple of seconds when you shut down? Are you locking the car after shutdown? I do both to make sure that my battery doesn't run down.
LOL, I do neither of those, and my battery ranges from 94-97% since the update, same as pre-vers 10. I don't even bother closing (er, slamming) the door completely when parking in the garage, as the dealer didn't adjust the door as they claimed to have. Car sleeps after a few minutes automatically (as designed).

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I wonder what the lifespan of these batteries is? Hopefully quite a while seen as the firm has gone bust supplying them !! Does anyone know if they have been taken over,mine being the oldest battery here,guess i will find out first!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, your deploying your battery so that probably keeps it going whereas the standing idle batteries die faster. Although Lithium has no memory so maybe I'm talking bo.....ks! As usual

Happy New Year

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy, your deploying your battery so that probably keeps it going whereas the standing idle batteries die faster. Although Lithium has no memory so maybe I'm talking bo.....ks! As usual

Happy New Year
Happy new year RIC,is it possible that my brain is made of Lithium.im still on 2009

·
Registered
477 Posts
Happy new year RIC,is it possible that my brain is made of Lithium.im still on 2009
My battery has been down to 70% life :confused:
RIC are you looking at the car battery ? , & not your pacemaker battery.
WE WANT YOUR PACEMAKER AT 10000000000000000000000000000000000 % :):):):):):D:D:D:p:p:p
ALL THE BEST FOR 2013 :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I wonder what the lifespan of these batteries is? Hopefully quite a while seen as the firm has gone bust supplying them !! Does anyone know if they have been taken over,mine being the oldest battery here,guess i will find out first!!
I think a chinese automaker bought over a big chunk of the company (A123systems).

·
Registered
208 Posts
My battery has been down to 70% life :confused:
RIC are you looking at the car battery ? , & not your pacemaker battery.
WE WANT YOUR PACEMAKER AT 10000000000000000000000000000000000 % :):):):):):D:D:D:p:p:p
ALL THE BEST FOR 2013 :eek::eek::eek:
You might have hit the nail on the head there Robbie, Ric might be plugging the pacemaker into Iris's usb port and the extra excitement of V10 is putting a greater load on the system:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys, it's been a pleasure to share your wisdom in 2012 and I hope you all keep the standards up in 13:):):)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just FYI, mine has been under it's dust cover in the garage for the last 11 days, 93% status on the battery when I started it earlier today.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Nothing unusual on my battery I have to say. 92% on startup after 16 days unused without any charging.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did a trip of 50 miles today, in daylight, and the battery dropped to 75% charge. Never happened before so I do wonder if V10 is the culprit or my new NFC mobile and debit cards?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts